Health & wellness

Gayathri Parameshwaran

Hi my son is 11months old. For the past 2weeks his stool is hard. I am regularly including fruits & vegetables in his diet. Pls suggest a remedy.

• 3

archana j

keep him hydrated with lots of water and juice. try giving soups and if possible give papaya. this helps to solve the hard stool problem

Gayathri Parameshwaran

Thank you very much for ur valuable suggestion.

Hi Gayathri! Hard stools can cause anal fissures thereby making it all the more difficult to pass stools for the baby. To end this vicious cycle u could consult yr pediatrician for stool softeners and creams to be applied at the anal area so that it doesn't hurt. as far as food items are concerned u could increase Fibre and liquid in his diet. Try giving papaya mashed before serving or Apple juice or cereals /oats,apricots,all vegetables in boiled and pureed form such as carot, pumpkin or beans etc which can help alleviate constipation. Give him lukewarm water and less of maida based dishes or milk products etc as these would further harden the stools. u could also give him tummy time or do massage on tummy in circular motion or also try giving bicycle exercise. Hot water sitz bath is also known to help. Hope this helps!

IPV vaccine

Did anybody skiped IPV vaccine for ur baby. Bcoz my baby is scheduled IPV1 vacci..

Health mix

Hi moms, can i give manna health mix for my 7 months old baby?

baby weight gain

hi my daughter is 11 months old. her birth weight was 3. 3 kg and now her weight..

vaccination

my baby is 10 months old now and he took MR vaccine after 9. as per schedule Not..

solid food

Hi everyone, my baby girl is 10 month old and she is constipated what should i..

baby sleeping proplem

hi friends my baby wake up in every 10 min in the night what can i do for him. m..