Healthy Diet Chart

Sulagna Upadhyay

Mar 11, 2013

Can any one tell me a healty eating routine for my 6 mnths old boy . I will be introducing solids to him. he is also suffering from cough & cold.

• 5

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Sulagna, You could also have a look at the meal plan posted by me in the 'Nutrition Corner' of Parentune. Although the plan is for a one year old, you could get a fair idea about the feeding schedule for your toddler. Besides, there is a wonderful blog written by Bhavna Awasthy which goes by the title- 'Initial foods- 6-12 months' dated 6 Sep 2012. It will give you an amazing variety of foods for your toddler complete with the recipes for each of them. Hope these help you plan a routine.

Sulagna Upadhyay

Thank You Preetu & Anurima .

Also, please take a look at this link. It is a blog with simple recipes for babies from 6 months to a year. I have tried a few of the recipes from there. Here it is http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/initial-foods-6-12-months/170

Hi Sulagna. You can introduce solids in puree form to you baby after 6 months of age. I gave my baby khichri, dal water, cerelac, rasam, sambar, apples, bananas etc but in a paste like consistency. please be sure to introduce one new food at a time to rule out any allergies or reactions. Please avoid cow's milk until the age of 1 year. Since he is suffering from a cold, you may encourage him to drink more as he may not want to eat solids until he feels better. You could wait to introduce solids to him till he recovers. All the best :)

preetu

my baby is 4months old. i have already askd my doc about her eating routine when she turns 6 months. As per her advice she should start with mmong daal pani and later to other pulses. fresh fruits andfruit juices, cerelac can be given. day should start and end with only milk. infants should not be given cow or other milk. formila milk or breastmilk should given because only these can cater to their needs.

feeding issues

hi. . my baby is 3mnths old.. hez ntt feeding properly. .. hez taking 75ml n 4 h..

Food

Hi my baby is 6th month old what all should I start in his diet

weaning

my daughter is 5 and a half month old now... i visited paediatrician two days ba..

Brown rice

Hi my baby has entered 6th month can i replace white rice with brown rice is it..

food..

my baby is 11 mths old. me use khane me kya se sakati hu ab?vo khane me bahot ch..

Giving water to the baby

Hey my girl is 6 months n I have started giving her dal twice a day.. I want to..

cerelac

Hi everyone.. my baby turned 6 months old Andi want to start cerelac for him. Bu..

Non veg meal

My daughter has completed one year. From when can I give her non veg the meal li..