helping my child make friends

Ruchi

Dear Parents,   This has been on my mind for sometime now an i think this would be agood forum to throw this question. how can we as parents help our children make friends??? not all are extroverts and not all children can break into a group and make friends, but the need to have fun, enjoy, share, and relate to people of their age is very important to be part of the social fabric.     any ideas/ help will be welcome!    

• 5

Deepti

You can invite your friend with family over dinner or go out with family friends on picnic. It would provide ample opportunity to your child to mingle with not so strangers and develop friendship slowly. Also develop the habit of saying hello to neighbors and wishing family and friends on their birthdays and anniversaries. ask your child to do the same on the birthday of your friends' children.. this would help your child to become social... you can also enroll him in an activity class like painting or judo class or skating class where he can meet similar age children!

Hi Ruchi, how old is your child. A 3 year old will not make friends easily, but a 6 year old may. This ability is different with age. However this is something I have seen from experience. My daughter is generally shy and she hardly has friends in school. She is 5. I have put her to dance school and surprisingly she has developed friendships in her dance class. So maybe, your child needs a change of environment, a place where he or she can do something he or she will enjoy and meet like-minded kids. Or just wait and watch. I was painfully shy when I was a kid. But I developed some solid friendships in my teen years.

TEJASVITA DOGRA

I believe focusing the playdates on the activities and games that your child is comfortable with can help him to be more confident in himself around his peers. Also your guidance and participation can make them feel more at ease. Arranging a double playdate with a friend who has kids can also help a lot , and as kids pay close attention to what elders do , you and friend can set an example by being participative and supporting in front of them.

Gaurav

Also lead by example too, may be if you greet strangers with a smile or a small Hi, the kid will observe and start doing that by himself.

Gaurav

If the child is not comfortable in groups then arrange for a one to one play date with different kids. Have the kids come over or drop your kid to their house. That way they get to spend some quality time with other kids and make friends.

my son is holidays now a days,8 years ol..

use samajh nahi aata ki woh kya kare.. t. v watching everytime or smart phone....

How to manage anger in kids

How to manage anger in kids

asks questions about fuck, rape etc

my daughter is around 10yrs old now and has started asking questions about fuck,..

How to make child understand the importa..

My child do each work very slowly including studies. He starts his own games in..

behave over the age he is dyslexia child

he behaves that his more than18yrs. panic hypertension. more has lot of adults q..

abt my daughter 8 yrs old

what type of knowledge should be given to 8 yr daughter and 12 yr son ,like what..

forgets book at school

Daily some or the other thing my 8 year old child forgets. what she I do plz he..