Hi my 11 month old son is often scratches his ears

Vaidhegi

Hi my 11 month old son is often scratches his ears... i regularly clean his ears with soft rolled corner of a cotton towel... can I use soliwax ear drops?

• 8

Shirin Srivastava Quadros

Vaidehi... scratching the ears is a sign that they are feeling sleepy... some kids also do this for pleasure..

Vaidhegi

Thank you lakshmi and mukta

Mukta Suyal

just check one thing that while taking bath, her ears remain wet. Other wise while taking head bath try to put some cotton in the ears but that too not very deep.

Mukta Suyal

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

My baby does the same. checked a couple of times for ear infection but then deduced that she just loves scratching without any reason. just a habit, nothing to worry about

Vaidhegi

Thank you Rashi and Shikha

Hi Vaidhegi Deivasigamani! I completely agree with Rashi! Ear Wax has a protective role to play. Putting ear buds or cloth can cause injury to ear drums. It is advisable not to use those. Itching in ears could be because of many reasons including teething, ear infection,scratch inside ears due to sharp nails of the baby,etc. If u have noticed redness in the ear or child is crying touching ears, it is advisable to see yr pediatrician ASAP.

Rashi

Hi Vaidhegi Deivasigamani I think you should not. ENT specialists even don't recommend adults cleaning ear using ear buds. they say let the wax come out of the ear naturally or clean it with a soft cloth and that too not so deeply. So you may also consult an ENT specialist but don't take any such action yourself.

sleep talk

from which month can we start sleep talk with baby my daughter is 4 months old c..

Poop

Hi.. I have given ragi porridge to my baby... and observed that in his poop ther..

tonsils to 10 months baby

My 10 month old baby  son was diagnosed with tonsilitis. he ha a cold, bunged up..

cough

how to cure cough of my 3 month baby

regarding my son umbilical cord

hi my son s just 1nd half mnth baby his umbilical cord had gone but from that sl..

Early baby teething

Hi all,My baby boy is 3. 5 months old. From few days he has become very irritate..

urine passes

ma daughter is six & half month old . she passes urine 16 to 22 times in 24 hour..