home education

Dear All, My son turning five this 1/Feb'14 He goes to pre-nur in formal school, Delhi I have observed that he is learning the same content what he learn in Play. I want him to learn new things, some creative, activities that make him to learn logically. He know Capital and small letters, 1-60 countng and write too.     I want him to make him do some activities with letters and numbers..... plsl advise me some interesting games or activites.   Pls advise your inputs, thoughts would be great help to me.   Thanks a lot. Aarti Mehan  

• 6

Thanks Megha, Ravina, Shipra & Manu... for wonderful suggestion.

Manu

There is lot to teach... viz tell him name of prime minister and president of India,capital of India,National symbols.. many more small thing.. week days,month name,season name... every night before going to bed ask hi all these question and sometime let him ask these question to you or other family member.. It increases knowledge,connectivity to parentsquality time and many more:)Try it.

Shilpa

Aarti Mehan, you could try and teach him the concept of larger and smaller as in is 7 a bigger number or 5 through objects; also get him lots of books which he can go through; get him games such as puzzles and mazes which force him to think logically; play ludo to teach him counting practically. hope these ideas will help.

Ravina

Aarti Mehan, try finger painting with him to form digits or alphabets, connect the dots where you put dots in form of 1 or 2 and he traces it. you could also give him a concept of calculation such as hand him 3 apples and then take one away and let him count how many are left; you can try teach him money, though a small bit only, through coins. hope this helps

Megha

Hi Aarti. What you could do is now introduce books to him. As in picture and words book. And also you could read out a story to him every night. That would generate interest in him to explore the world of books. Other fun way to involve him into activities would be by taking a board and introducting those three letter words. Also there is lot on the net these days to make learning fun.

education & child angry

ny child is very angry about studies.

How do I make my child write properly?

My child is 7 years old . He is very smart and active. He doesn't have interest..

CBSE or ICSE

my son is 5+ . can any one suggest the right board of education. ICSE or CBSE

son is learning but using bad words. how..

how to reduce and protect him from learning baf words

Regarding education of kids

Hi all, I have one problem pls advice me... I've been married in a very small to..

Cbse schools in pune

Can anyone please suggest me good cbse schools in North pune region.. Especially..

School in paschim vihar

the best three formal school near paschim vihar, plz suggest. Very confused.. is..