home made ice lollies

Does anyone know a good idea / recipe for a home made ice lolly .... i don't want to buy the orange bar or others icecreams everyday for my child ....

Vanita Gahlaut

I prepare popsicles for Devansh in a popsicle mould made of non toxic maleable plastic gifted to me by a relative... just add his favourite drink i. e. nimboo paani/roohafzaa/ orange glucon-D, and freeze it... started doing this as he's very fond of iced lollies and would always end up with a septic throat after consuming the stick lollies available in the market.

anurag

Wah Wah .... great flavors i can see... i thought i might add the one that is my favorite-- Watermelon + lemon + mint : my mom would make the juice , sieve it through a muslin cloth so all the pulp was taken out and then freeze it in small steel glasses with a spoon in them to hold once they were popped out....

In the summer heat , this is a multi purpose activity .... you can engage the children into making the cool lollies and also make sure thay they are beating the heat ... i actually freeze lollies made out of Aam Panna ; Nimboo Paani and Glucon -d orange flavor ... that ways i have some flavour options and i go a step ahead and buy reallly crazy shaped ice trays so in our house the kids get star shaped nimpoo paani lolly and a flower shaped orange glucon d lollies... and i tell you it is soo much healthy fun ...

Praveen Premkumar

Wow, you've kind of made my day bhavana. the very thought of ice lollies have got me thinking and maybe i should get one for myself, before i write the recipe here :-). Anyways here goes - when i was a kid, i used to try this at home. Things you would need - 1 steel vessel, 1 litre of water, 4-5 table spoons of Rasna/Tang, 4 table spoons of sugar, a stirrer, a kitchen cloth (will tell the use of the cloth later), closed kitchen doors ;-). Steps: Pour the litre of water in the steel vessel, add rasna/tang, add sugar, stir them till they taste good. Add a spoon of glucon d as well - this would help in convincing your mom as to why you need to feast on this more regularly. :-)Once the potion is done, store this vessel in the freezer, till it becomes ice and voila - you have your very own lollies ready. coming to the cloth - you would need that to clean the kitchen, after the mayhem you would have created in the kitchen :-)these days i encourage my children to do the same, i find this safe, hygienic, and at the same time a fun exercise for children.

what do you all think about NESTUM rice?

like every other mum I'm also concerned with how should I start with semi solid..

breastfeed is not sufficient for 7 month..

hi frnz my baby is 7 months n my breast feed ha decreased ...firstly tell me how..

my son is 8 months old can I give tender coconut to my child.

baby low weight

my twins baby's weight is very low so which food are giving..

idea to preserve milk while travelling i..

as I'm gonna travel for 4-5 hours, how can I carry milk safely?? as it is summe..

sabudana kheer

how will make sabudana kheer for baby

my baby is 15month old. pls tell me usko kitni quantity main food do. is age mai..

Nutrition

Hi my baby is 8 months old. Can I give him egg yolk?