How can I increase my baby's height

Maya

Hi, my baby girl is very short for her age (almost 7 months). she is only 60cms. My height is 5. 3" and my husband is 5. 4". She may be like her father, but is there any way to increase her height? I feel very bad when everybody used to tell that my baby is too short.

Dyuti

Dear Maya. Ignore what others say! Your baby will grow at her own pace.. She is not even 7 months old. My daughter has always been on the smaller side and I too saw how other babies were taller and chubbier. I concentrated on feeding her well and keeping her healthy. Now she is 4 and on the taller side. She is taller than most kids at her class. She is healthy and full of energy. What I suggest is not to take others comments to heart. Children grow in phases and spurts. She will catch up surely. Take care.

Maya

Thanks a lot Shikha and AM

u can ask her to do same excercise... after 3 yrs or so... in park... it will really help.. n dont worry abt it. FYR, Girls(i just obseverd u talking abt ur daughter) gain height till 12-13yrs... after periods it stops... so do everything possible before it.

the protein rich sources I mentioned include solids too so please do not introduce these till the child is one year old. U can give dal water with vegetables boiled n puréed to begin with. When the child is about 9-10 months old u cud give cheese slices, yogurt, semi solid boiled egg, panner etc. Chicken, peanuts, fish, tofu can be added once the child is able to chew around 1 year of age.

Hi again! Maya diet rich in proteins could include lentils (all dals),paneer, tofu, chicken, sprouted dal, cheese, fish, eggs, milk, curd, beans, yogurt, peanuts, almonds, sesame seeds etc. dear Maya! U need worry about what others have to say as long as u believe u r doing ur job well. Parenting is something which comes with experience n is not taught in any school or college. Books can at the most guide u what u can do but since we are dealing with human beings(kids) their behavior is subjective n n can be different as each individual is different from other even if they are siblings n share the same gene pool. Trust me u r a wonderful parent and r doing a marvelous job!

Maya

You are right AM, But you know everybody in my apartment used to cal my baby shorty.. I feel really very bad, and they began to start comparing Ahan with aaradhya. After having second child I am feeling difficulty in parenting. Ufffff really tough task. But thanks Shikha and AM.

Hi Maya... Just concentrate child's health n education. Regarding height... I'll tell one easy way... which is proven n tested fact. Whn ur son 10 yrs or so... install rods at home and ask him to hold rods n hang for 10 minutes everyday.... n can see the results. Its tested by my husband and one of his school mate. His school mate was shortest in the class... n whn he met him after graduation he taller then my husband and he himself share this fact.

Maya

Oh thanks Shikha, if you don't mind can you please tell me what are the protein rich foods I can give to my baby? If you know any related articles then please send me the link. Aaradhya is my second baby, I have5 year old son Ahan. But he is Not short, he is 110 cms. So from the beginning of my parenting I was not worried about height. Now I am really worrying.

Hi dear Maya! The average height of a 7 months old baby is around 67. 31cms which is quite ok when compared to ur baby's height. And also it is an important thing to note that babies grow according to their predisposed height which is determined by genetics mostly. Proper nutrition since childhood also plays an important role. So when ur baby starts with solid food u cud include lots of proteins in vegetables in her diet. Proper sleep also helps in gaining height. When the child is grown up say 3 years u cud include excercise in her routine which children generally overdo while playing itself. So as of now the best u cud do at 7 months is good diet which includes mother's feed + introduction of semi solid food+ proper sleep for the baby. Hope this works!

feeding

my daughter 16 days old. she is not push my nipple in breastfeeding. and crying..

Poor Appetite post Vaccination

My baby is 3 months old and 5 days back he was given DTP, Hib vaccination His..

about massage

mustrd oil garlick or ajwdin k sath jo oil bnate h usse massage sirf rat ko krni..

Baby crying

When urine ll pass ... My baby crying a lot ... Baby age 43 days ... Wt is solut..

not pooing

Hi my son is 9 month old he is not pooing for last 4 days . he cries often I thi..

Solid food

Hai All My baby now in 6 months old. Can you suggest me how often have to give..

which oil best for babies

never use olive oil for babies, it increases skin sensitivity for tanning ...pu..

about vaccination

vaccination k pain ko km kaise kr skte h baby k