How do you deal with an unreasonable teacher

Nitin

My elder son is now 7 and is in standard II. He's a outgoing child and makes friends easily, but offlate i am noticing him to be cut off, quiet and even a little down in spirit. Having checked various aspects, the only one now left to find in more detail is about the super strict teacher at his school. He's told me sometime back that he's scared of his teacher. I am wondering so as to how to go about handling this situation..... any ideas?

• 5

I met the teacher over the last weekend, seems all is well from what she told me, but not from what i heard from my child. am meeting the principal this friday, going to take this up seriously. although she is doing a lil better but then sill like you both have said, i want to be sure...

Bhavna is right, this is a very important matter. If a child is withdrawing from this natural self due to a person, it is imperative that you act on this. First thing will be to talk to your son. He has to know that he can share all his experiences and feelings with you or his mom. Communication doors have to be open all the time. That is of utmost importance, The next thing would be to talk to the teacher about your sons fear. Maybe the teacher will change in time. If that does not work, maybe you should approach the head mistress/ principal and have a discussion about it. Mental health of kids get affected by things like peer pressure, bad teachers, bullying, abuse of any kind... this needs to be addressed and stopped to ensure our kids grow up to be happy healthy individuals.

Dear Nitin , This is a very serious matter , our children are of utmost importance in our lives. Nothing can come in the way of their happiness. Pls have a word with the teacher and if need be even the principal of the school. Be direct and be clear , these matters can only be sorted if one is very direct and non emotional. I would say go ahead and address the issue now before it does more harm to your child.

hey Nitin ,

hey Nitin ,

Hindi language improvement.

Pl. suggest methods to improve hindi la gauge for a malayali child.

French tuition

Hi Parents, I have started French language tuition in Pune for school going chil..

Need information on kids magazine in Eng..

I have two kids 4 and 8 yrs old. Both are going to school. Need information on k..

walking

Hello all, My lo is 12 months old nw.. but still he is not walking by himself...

hws education in hostel for a girl child

pls give ur views on matter . hw do u view boarding for girl child

Study related problem

Hi. This is Prashant Shinde here. I have a daughter ageing 10 years and a son..