how safe is it to given expressed milk stored in fridge?

Sumedha Joshi

I'm a working mom and I recently joined back work after 4 months of maternity. my baby is 5. 5 months now and we hv introduced the powder milk to him while I'm at office along with breast milk while I'm at home. i read alot of articles regarding storing expressed breast milk in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and hence started pumping out milk in office. i usually fed him the next day after bringing it to room temperature. but mother in law doesn't believe in feeding baby 1 day old milk as she feels the taste might differ by keeping the milk in fridge and he may not like it and doesn't drink. to my surprise she started throwing my expressed milk and only feeding him powder milk. what do I do? it's such a waste. I taste the milk b4 feeding the baby and I did not find any difference in its taste. and he anyways doesn't finish powder milk either unless he is really hungry... I'm under going a lot of stress trying to make them understand... what do I do?

• 4

Sumedha Joshi

yes I don't keep it beyond 24 hrs inside. and beyond 4 hours outside

Kamei Peimila

No, the taste will not differ. anything beyond 24 hrs of refrigerating should not be given to yr baby.

Sumedha Joshi

thank you will make my mother in law read this as well... but does the taste of the milk differ in 24hrs?

Hi Sumedha, here's a blog that may help you-http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-safely-store-breast-milk-for-your-baby/772

about milk

my baby is 7 months old... she is not drinking milk ....bilkul dudh ni l ri peet..

pls give fr me food chart fr my 5mnth baby

diet

for 10 months baby wat can i giv him giv me healthy reciepes plz

food nd nutrition

Hi , my baby boy is 10 mnths old, he is not at all eating anythng, even not taki..

coconut water for 12mnt baby

hai can I give coconut water for my 12mnth baby. bcz summer is coming body can d..

fruit

can I give papaya to my 8 month old baby. I give it boiled mashed or grinder mas..

which fruits can be given to my 8 month old baby?