how safe is it to given expressed milk stored in fridge?

Sumedha Joshi

I'm a working mom and I recently joined back work after 4 months of maternity. my baby is 5. 5 months now and we hv introduced the powder milk to him while I'm at office along with breast milk while I'm at home. i read alot of articles regarding storing expressed breast milk in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and hence started pumping out milk in office. i usually fed him the next day after bringing it to room temperature. but mother in law doesn't believe in feeding baby 1 day old milk as she feels the taste might differ by keeping the milk in fridge and he may not like it and doesn't drink. to my surprise she started throwing my expressed milk and only feeding him powder milk. what do I do? it's such a waste. I taste the milk b4 feeding the baby and I did not find any difference in its taste. and he anyways doesn't finish powder milk either unless he is really hungry... I'm under going a lot of stress trying to make them understand... what do I do?

• 4

Sumedha Joshi

yes I don't keep it beyond 24 hrs inside. and beyond 4 hours outside

Kamei Peimila

No, the taste will not differ. anything beyond 24 hrs of refrigerating should not be given to yr baby.

Sumedha Joshi

thank you will make my mother in law read this as well... but does the taste of the milk differ in 24hrs?

Hi Sumedha, here's a blog that may help you-http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-safely-store-breast-milk-for-your-baby/772

Food diet for 6 month old

What should be the diet chart for 6 month old

kiwi fruit feed

hi my baby s 7 months plus cn i gve him kiwi fruit ths season...

can i give dates into boil milk to 9, months baby

Non veg meal

My daughter has completed one year. From when can I give her non veg the meal li..

my baby is 8 months old. ...give some re..

my baby is 8 months old. ...give some recipes to her

egg

when can I strt to give egg to my 7months baby

baby food

Hi mommies.. My baby is 6 months old and I have to start with water. so how much..