How to dress to avoid Heat Stroke

A few tips on how to dress to avoid the heat stroke: 1. Look at the big picture and plan your wardrobe. Evaluate what your activity is going to be in the heat and dress appropriately for the environment. If attending an outdoor event ditch the long-sleeved shirt. 2. Wear a wide-brimmed hat or cap to keep you cool. Wear clothes made of breathable material that is not too dark in color and wear loose shorts. Be sure and put on a good sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or more. 3. Avoid layered clothing for exercising in the heat. You want to give your body room to perspire and not overheat it. Select light fabrics suited for activity. Buy mesh-accented workout gear. This can include tank tops, shorts, sports bras, light workout bottoms or quarter-length pants. 4. Dress smart at work. If you work in an office where the temperature fluctuates, wear an outfit that can accommodate this. Select a light jacket or shirt. Consider a nice tank top or blouse that is appropriate for a business environment (or a short-sleeved dress shirt for a man). 5. Stay away from wearing heavy clothing to sleep. You can get overheated during the night, too. Dress your beds in light sheets and pillowcases for the summer months. This will help your skin and body stay cool. 6. Dress infants and toddlers to avoid heat stroke and provide shading. Select hats to protect your little one and block the strong sun. Provide cool, loose-fitted clothing such as thin, soft cotton. Limit your child's sun exposure while at the beach especially during the hot mid-day sun.

• 1

Thank you, was looking forward for this... thankfuly we could practice most of this as schools are still to reopen....

pain in stiches

hi.. i am a mother of 4. 5momths daughter. delivered my baby thru c-section. I a..

Going through depression...

Hello ,I am in 4th month pregnancy, earlier me n my husband  used stay away from..

reduce tummy fat after laparoscopy tubec..

i have undergone laproscopy tubectomy two months ago. when can I start my exerci..

blood infection

my daughter has blood infection 17000 with fever and cough .i consult with docto..

oil n shampoo for hair

My Lil one s 16 months nw. til nw am using johnsons baby products for hair oil a..

Breast milk

Hi... im having a bany of 4months and I'm not getting sufficient milk for her in..

why do kids have cough and running nose often any remedy

Back pain

hi all my baby is one month 2 days old she doesn't sleep at nights she will not..