Special Needs

How to make my kid leave drinking milk from bottle

Rashmi Bhat

Jul 06, 2015

My 2. 5 yrs kid is drinking milk from bottle. How to make her leave it. At school she wont ask, bt as she returns starts asking. Pls any solution?

Sushma Venkata Lakshmi Verubhothla

Hi rashmi, you can hide her bottle when she is sleeping. If this doesn't work you can apply some shikakai paste or bitter gourd paste on the bottle before she starts drinking the milk. Due its bitterness taste, she will definitely leave bottle..

Rashmi Bhat

Thanks Tina and Leesha for the suggestion :)

Leesha Wadhwani

Nice suggestions Tina... I never give bottle to .my daughter... she is eleven months now. But my grandma use to say that she use to put red chilly on the nipple of bottle and babies quit it. I thought I should share it wid u. May b it helps.

Tina

Hi Rashmi Bhat You may try these- 1. Introduce some attractive cups and sippers to her. May be a small version of ur cup so that u can show big one is for mumma and small one is for angel 2. Appreciate her when she agrees to drink from that cup. 3. Tell her that she'll get something good if she finishes the milk, and that good could be anything which she likes and not necessarily monetary. 4. If she watches cartoons then tell her that her favorite cartoon character also drinks milk in a similar cup. Hope it helps.

Potty training for toddler!

Hi, My son is 2. 7 years old. But still he does potty in diapers only. He goes t..

low weight

hi my baby boy is 1. 7 year old but his weight is only 8. 6kg and height is 81..

swells with itching

hi... I'm mother of twin babies.. my girl is having swells on her knees with it..

potty train

moms can can u suggest exact age to potty my littl one now 15months is it k

hi

hi mommies , my daughter is 1 year 1 month she didn't eat anything. give some ti..

angry

hlo dr. mere bete ko bht gussa aata hai kyu aata hai ye pochna hai plz bht pares..

speech problem

my daughter can speak some words like 'mamma','papa','tata','bye','hello'some mo..