How to overcome fear in a child?

rashi gupta

My 11 month old daughter suddenly started crying after I introduced her to a new musical toy (drum). Please tell me how to overcome fear in general in babies.

• 4

rashi gupta

Thanka a lot Shikha for this advice :)

Hi Rashi! How r u? Yes it can be stressful for a parent to see their child having fear of even normal things like a drum... so I understand your concern. Let me begin by saying Fear is a natural part of childhood and children at different ages have fear of different things. since they have immature nervous system and are still learning about objects/ things/people around or their environment they get fearful of any new /loud/strange/ big/small/abrupt thing. Your role as a parent would be to identify and accept what your child is fearful of,let your child take time in overcoming the fear with yr help. u could calm her down by saying " its ok baby , i know u dont like this loud sound. It wont do any harm to u ". So in this case if yr child is fearful of drum,let's just put it somewhere where she can see it and on her own crawl/walk towards it and finally after few exposures is comfortable playing with it. Avoid hiding it or keeping out of her sight as she would not overcome the fear of it and would again show signs of anxiety on mere sight of it. The more the child is made comfortable and allowed to experiment with objects they are fearful of, the quickly they would overcome this fear only to be replaced by some other fear which is a normal process of growing up and learning.

rashi gupta

It was a musical drum with different sounds, the pitch was pretty normal.

Hi rashi! What music instrument did u introduce to her? Also, was it a little loud or at a high frequency/shrill for the ears?

waste blog

waste blog

hii my 9mnyh boy baby has been suffering from cold n vomiting from yesterday nig..

Dry fruits for 8th month old baby

Hi can we give dry fruits to infants approx 8 month old. And if yes then in what..

semi solid food

kindly advise which semi solid to b introduce first for baby of 4 n half month o..

fever

my son is one and half months old. I am suffering from fever. can I continue br..