How to overcome fear in a child?

Rashi Gupta

My 11 month old daughter suddenly started crying after I introduced her to a new musical toy (drum). Please tell me how to overcome fear in general in babies.

• 4

rashi gupta

Thanka a lot Shikha for this advice :)

Hi Rashi! How r u? Yes it can be stressful for a parent to see their child having fear of even normal things like a drum... so I understand your concern. Let me begin by saying Fear is a natural part of childhood and children at different ages have fear of different things. since they have immature nervous system and are still learning about objects/ things/people around or their environment they get fearful of any new /loud/strange/ big/small/abrupt thing. Your role as a parent would be to identify and accept what your child is fearful of,let your child take time in overcoming the fear with yr help. u could calm her down by saying " its ok baby , i know u dont like this loud sound. It wont do any harm to u ". So in this case if yr child is fearful of drum,let's just put it somewhere where she can see it and on her own crawl/walk towards it and finally after few exposures is comfortable playing with it. Avoid hiding it or keeping out of her sight as she would not overcome the fear of it and would again show signs of anxiety on mere sight of it. The more the child is made comfortable and allowed to experiment with objects they are fearful of, the quickly they would overcome this fear only to be replaced by some other fear which is a normal process of growing up and learning.

rashi gupta

It was a musical drum with different sounds, the pitch was pretty normal.

Hi rashi! What music instrument did u introduce to her? Also, was it a little loud or at a high frequency/shrill for the ears?

rava kheer

can we give rava khir or upma after 7 months

my baby is 11 months old. she is not eating anything just drink cow's milk and b..

baby's cold

my 4months son suffering from cold. running and fuzzy nose

my son is 8 mnth if I can give her mix vegetable daliya lyk in I mix beet roo..

how to get baby to sleep

my baby boy is 4month old,who is on exclusive breastfeed. sometimes he sleeps wh..

loose motions

my son who is 9 months old is suffering from loose motions due to teething . he..

baby's weight

my baby is very slim ....what to do to gain weight

Breast feeding

Can you plz tell ki bm dene k baad agar baccha ko neeche leta diya and woh kheln..