How to react when your kid is being hit or pushed during play time or at school

Rukmani Krishnan

Toddlers are unable to deal with emotional excitement when their peer start enjoying the play that it gets aggressive. The start hitting or pushing each other and some get hurt in the process. Sadly my son being the one to get hurt mostly makes me feel bad and find a solution to avoid it or prepare him to face it. Many times I warn the other kids not to do so but cannot go beyond that point coz he is someone else kid. Same time my mother instinct does not let me to teach my kid to hit back. In the long run I don't want my kid to get used to being weak and get hit. Please help me to find a solution to save my kid from being pushed around and prep him to face such instance in future. Thanks

Hi Rukmani! I understand from the point of view of a mother yr concerns are justified. No mother can see her child being pushed or roughed up by other kids. But I would advise you to let yr child learn to defend himself without intervening. keep a watch that he is not being hurt and immediately remove him if such a situation arise. If there is just one particular child who has been doing so u could forewarn yr child to maintain safe distance from him but if he always ends up being roughed up by everyone let him learn to defend himself. I am sure he will be fine and face the situation bravely and come out of it strong. I appreciate that u haven't taught yr child to hit back. Kids are smart and know how to behave with whom. Having said that do keep a watch that situation doesn't go out of hand. Hope this helps!

my baby is 2 yrs old. Sometime he is bec..

my baby sometimes becomes so stubborn so he starts crying & hurting himself by p..

what should I do to deal with my 3yrs. o..

I m really worrying about my kid's tantrums n her behaviour. she is in nursery n..

behaviour

mera beta aj Kal Bht chikta ha or chikta ha Bht jayda ziddi ho gaya ha. 2. 6 yea..

child anger

hello I have a child he is very angry and jiddy nature. he throw the toys .

Toilet training

My daughter is 2. 6 years old. She stands and does the toilet wherever she is. S..

Naughty

my son is three year old but he is very naughty ..

every time weeping and demanding so many..

jo bhi jeej daikhti h bhute jeed karti hai .

Training kids

How to train 2 yr twin boys for potty in washroom. They don't listen inspite of..