How to stop bed wetting at night

Brinelle Tims

Apr 15, 2015

My son 5 years still wets his bed at night sometimes. How to stop this habit

Rachna

Hi Brinelle, is there a sudden change in his routine or environment, for eg: has it become cold suddenly, or is he getting too much exercise in the day (sometimes in excitement of the day, children keep on holding onto the urine so that they don't have to go to the washroom in the middle of the activity, and then suddenly when their mind and body relaxes, usually during sleep time, they let go). Take him to the washroom often, particularly just before bedtime. If possible, figure out what time in the night he usually wets the bed (you could sleep next to him and when you get to know he has wetted, check the time) and 15 min before that you could lead him to the washroom to break the habit. Also, explain to him lovingly how it is not nice to do this... do not scold but show lots of patience and love.

brinelle tims - There are multiple reasons for bed wetting. You could look at this blog especially focused on this topic. It details out the possible reasons and ways to manage with it. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/why-bed-wetting-is-never-a-childs-fault/237

late talker

speech therapy at home

Aggressive

My daughter is 3 yrs n 3 month now.. From past few weeks she's been very aggress..

not interacting in class wid his mates

hi I am alka and my son is five years old. whenever I discussed with him about h..

about psychology

my child is not listening to me as much before so plz can u send me about his c..

Aggressive behavior

. My son is three years and nine months old he becomes very violent at times. I..

My son don't lyk to giv answer to his t..

Child psychology 3to7 year

communication problem

my child 5 yers old. he can addition. number dictation. but school want..

Shy child

Hi my child is very shy!