How to stop bed wetting at night

Brinelle Tims

Apr 15, 2015

My son 5 years still wets his bed at night sometimes. How to stop this habit

Rachna

Hi Brinelle, is there a sudden change in his routine or environment, for eg: has it become cold suddenly, or is he getting too much exercise in the day (sometimes in excitement of the day, children keep on holding onto the urine so that they don't have to go to the washroom in the middle of the activity, and then suddenly when their mind and body relaxes, usually during sleep time, they let go). Take him to the washroom often, particularly just before bedtime. If possible, figure out what time in the night he usually wets the bed (you could sleep next to him and when you get to know he has wetted, check the time) and 15 min before that you could lead him to the washroom to break the habit. Also, explain to him lovingly how it is not nice to do this... do not scold but show lots of patience and love.

brinelle tims - There are multiple reasons for bed wetting. You could look at this blog especially focused on this topic. It details out the possible reasons and ways to manage with it. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/why-bed-wetting-is-never-a-childs-fault/237

Sharing

My son is 5years 2months old. He starts shouting and even beating if he shares s..

behaviour of my aggressive daughter

hi... my elder daughter is 3 years old... she is very stubborn and aggressive....

my son's aggressive n not social behavio..

hi my son who is 3 yr10 m old goes to pre kg. he was highly attached to me n al..

shy

my child is very shy n he is very angry sometimes

about daughter

hi my daughter is seven year old. she is very fond of watching doremone nd all..

Shy child

Hi my child is very shy!

for controll agressiveness

my both children gets angry earlier... they fights too much for one thing.. they..

hyper active

gets wild quickly for few things shout loudly always want to act like bossism..