How to stop bed wetting at night

brinelle tims

Apr 15, 2015

My son 5 years still wets his bed at night sometimes. How to stop this habit

Rachna

Hi Brinelle, is there a sudden change in his routine or environment, for eg: has it become cold suddenly, or is he getting too much exercise in the day (sometimes in excitement of the day, children keep on holding onto the urine so that they don't have to go to the washroom in the middle of the activity, and then suddenly when their mind and body relaxes, usually during sleep time, they let go). Take him to the washroom often, particularly just before bedtime. If possible, figure out what time in the night he usually wets the bed (you could sleep next to him and when you get to know he has wetted, check the time) and 15 min before that you could lead him to the washroom to break the habit. Also, explain to him lovingly how it is not nice to do this... do not scold but show lots of patience and love.

brinelle tims - There are multiple reasons for bed wetting. You could look at this blog especially focused on this topic. It details out the possible reasons and ways to manage with it. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/why-bed-wetting-is-never-a-childs-fault/237

behaviour

his behaviour is being more rude day by day and not at al listening to bth of us

cranky

my elder son is 4 n half years old. recently I m blessed with baby boy in Januar..

behaviour talks.

Toddler behaviour on arriving a new baby.

discipline

my son is 3 years 2 months old. he loves to be social but needs few days to be n..

Short tempered

Hello, my son is not even 5 but when we don't give in to his demands he starts..

interaction with others

my daughter is 4 yr old she does not interact with other kids in our flat while..

child psychology

hi... my son age is 3years 6mnths. now he is going to school prekg. but he is no..