Infant formula

Archana Kumar

Jul 07, 2015

My son enters into his 5th month now. My milk is not enough for him now. Can I start infant formula like Lactogen or Nan Pro. I started feeding him cow's milk. But he gets constipation. So can I give him infant formula. Please give your comments based on your experience.

• 6

Rama

It is safe to start formula. I did that but see to it your baby doesn't get colic pains. If it agrees with him Nanpro is good and also solids . All the best

Renuka M

It is safe to start formula for 5 months old baby. I started to feed formula for my little one from 2nd months as he was not gaining weight and my pediatrician suggest to start with Lactogen. He gained a ideal weight, when my pediatrician advised me to stop the formula and start with cow's milk. But he was so much liking the taste of formula that he used to refuse for cow's milk. Anyhow, he was almost 8 months old and I had started with solid food, so it didn't make any difference. I stop giving formula and totally relied on solid food and breast feeding. This helped me a lot.

Leesha Wadhwani

This a very good article.. Plz must read... http://www.babycenter.in/x8907/can-i-give-my-baby-formula-if-i-dont-have-enough-breastmilk

Vaidhegi

Hi archana even I came across the same problem... my pediatrician suggested me to start solids for my baby... but still every baby is different. so it is better to check with your pediatrician

Archana Kumar, There should be no harm in feeding formula... even I had started my kid of formula Nan-Pro, but ideally check with your paediatrician once. He will guide you the best.

Hi archana! There have been several instances where mothers have used formula in first 6 months but You should definitely get the peadiac's reccomendation on this.

hi my son is 7 month and i am giving cerlac 1time in a day is it ok or i should..

hi friends plz gv me some receipies fr l..

apart frm upma oats nachni khichdi this all i gv i want to gv her somethin gmorw

solids

hii ... when can we strt giving solids to babys

my baby is 6 month old .. so any when s..

6 month baby eating schedule

feeding

hello my baby 4months old he wakes up 2time in midnight for milk is it good or n..

vomit

hi all, my baby is 11 months old. from last 2 weeks he vomits whenever i give hi..

Baby not eating food

Hi my son is nt eating anything except sweet things lyk aata or suji ka halwa or..

food for my 7 the month baby

hi all my little girl is 7 the month old. am giving her only 2 times solid food..