Infant formula

Archana Kumar

Jul 07, 2015

My son enters into his 5th month now. My milk is not enough for him now. Can I start infant formula like Lactogen or Nan Pro. I started feeding him cow's milk. But he gets constipation. So can I give him infant formula. Please give your comments based on your experience.

• 6

Rama

It is safe to start formula. I did that but see to it your baby doesn't get colic pains. If it agrees with him Nanpro is good and also solids . All the best

Renuka M

It is safe to start formula for 5 months old baby. I started to feed formula for my little one from 2nd months as he was not gaining weight and my pediatrician suggest to start with Lactogen. He gained a ideal weight, when my pediatrician advised me to stop the formula and start with cow's milk. But he was so much liking the taste of formula that he used to refuse for cow's milk. Anyhow, he was almost 8 months old and I had started with solid food, so it didn't make any difference. I stop giving formula and totally relied on solid food and breast feeding. This helped me a lot.

Leesha Wadhwani

This a very good article.. Plz must read... http://www.babycenter.in/x8907/can-i-give-my-baby-formula-if-i-dont-have-enough-breastmilk

Vaidhegi

Hi archana even I came across the same problem... my pediatrician suggested me to start solids for my baby... but still every baby is different. so it is better to check with your pediatrician

Archana Kumar, There should be no harm in feeding formula... even I had started my kid of formula Nan-Pro, but ideally check with your paediatrician once. He will guide you the best.

Hi archana! There have been several instances where mothers have used formula in first 6 months but You should definitely get the peadiac's reccomendation on this.

breast milk supply

how could I increase my breast milk supply

Baby's food

My baby is 9mnths old what food can i give her. Now she is only having baby's fa..

raagi

i want to knw raagi can b given during cough n cold my baby is 7. 5 months old

Food for baby

Hi my baby is 5 and half months old. What should I give her to eat in the begini..

my baby is of 11 month can I give her an..

my baby is of 11 month can I give her any health drinks

daliya or lapsi is same or not

daliya or lapsi is same or not.. plss also can any one tell d recipe of lapsi fo..

Black grapes to 9 months baby

can we give Black grapes to 9 months baby. any side effects??