Is cerelac gud for 2 yr above baby

Sudipta

Mar 14, 2013

Hi, my baby is 2yr 3 month old she is a fussy eater she refuses her food  most of the time she take milk with pediasure or curd. In bf i used to give her cerelac with banana n milk  is it ok to give now cerelac to my baby ?Is cerelac healthy?Or else i make one homemade powder of poha ,almond,kaju,cornflakes n roasted dal. plz suggest me.. wht else i can give  her????????

Prajakta Kulkarni

Hi Saleem Pasha Muhammad Try pinch of jeera power, dhanya power, hing in your child' rice..... It will not change the color of rice but will change the taste .... Let him develop his taste buds through pinch of spices... As he used to all this he will eat everything

Janaki Rajan

Hi sudipta my mom ask me to give my child(she is 1and half year)a porridge made with parboiled rice with badam and cashew. Roast all 3 things separate and grind and boil 1 spoon powder with milk and give. It give protein as well as it will be a food for baby

Shaheen Nilofer

Don't think u should relay on ceralc,try giving new variations to the food . if u prefer non veg, give her boiled egg, chicken, meat, milk, yogurt, moong dal kichidi, veggies are necessary too.

Kritika

Hi sudipta you can certainly continue with cerelac, there's no harm in it. But in addition to it you can also start with semi solid and solid foods as well like khichdi, dalia, oats pudding and all. Let your little one start develop a taste for other things as well and these are also nutrition packed, so no worries there as well.

Atul Antarkar

You can give 'LORD'S ALFALFA MOLT' with milk one spun at a one time ,it is very helpful for gain weight and activeness for child.

Saleem Pasha Mahammed

Hi, to all. My son is 2 year 1month old. My son is not eating any spicy food. He always want white rice for chewing in her mouth. Plz help me out.

sudipta

thnx bhavna....

Hey Sudipta, at 2 years a child can eat most of the things that adults do and infact they need a diet of a mix of all kinds of foods for an overall development of mind and body, you will just have to persist with your child and try different things, something is bound to click. At this stage it is more about developing her taste buds so alternating between sweet and savory foods may perhaps help your child in the long run . The blog that anurima is talking about is written by me and believe me these recipes are tried and tested on a super fussy eater ( my daughter )... so we have proof that there is hope.. :-)

sudipta

thnx anurima.. hope it helps..

Please also take a look at the following link of a talk wherein parents have shared their opinions on this subject. You will get more links to a similar discussion within this link. Please copy and paste this at your browser http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/baby-doesnt-eat/334 Hope this helps.

Hi Sudipta. My daughter too was a fussy eater and had cerelac until almost 2 and half years of age! I dont think there is anything wrong in giving her cerelac now as it contains some essential nutrients. You may want to give her some home made food too just like the powder you mentioned. You could try giving her khichri, porridge etc. She may not like eating them initially but do keep offering her a variety to help her develop the taste. Please take a look at the following link. It is a blog with recipes for toddlers. You may try to make some of the recipes. Here it is: http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/healthy-and-fun-food-options-for-your-toddler/195

Veggies

my son is 2 and a half years old, he eats only plain chapati and plain rice. Ple..

Homemade cerelac

Can anyone share with me homemade cerelac for my 15 month old lo.... i wanna try..

mybaby is not fond of rice.. chapati he..

not eating kiwis orange type fruits and rice very little

pomegranate juice

is it right to give me baby pomegranate juice in winter seasons

intro of Channa

can I give Channa smashed to my 1 yr baby ? pl guide

How to increase hunger in toddler?

My daughter does jot feel like eating now a days ..she is 1 and half yrs old.. c..

Regarding solid foods

Hi my twins r 15 months .boy and girl. girl eats anything anytime. eg. if I'm e..