Is he on proper diet ?

Swetha Charan Shroff

Hi all ! My son is 1. 8 yrs now and his weight is 10. 5 kg. His doctor told he has to b 11 - 12 by now. He is gaining 300 -400 gms monthly but still I m confused what to do?He is active and morning he takes Brkfast(idly ,upma,dosa,poha ) wtever I prepare by 8. 30-9. Aftr tht ragi milk @10. 30and sleeps , gets up at 12. 30 and lunch @1. 30 (any curry,dal,curd)again any fruit and milk @ 5. 30 finally dinner @8. 30. Now I m confused where to insert any thing in between !and when to give fries like potato and all to gain weight!please help me to adjust my child's diet!still he is under breast feed

• 2

Arushi Dhillon

No fries, please!! Once in a while is good but not as a weight gain tactic. You want him to gain healthy weight not fat. Here are quick tips: increase the quantity of the food (slowly). Not sure if you have egg or meat in his diet, if not, include it. Desi ghee instead of oil. Stress on high protein diet rather than a full fat diet. Good luck!

Hi Swetha, Pls ask your query to expert in the nutrition corner. Here is the link- http://www.parentune.com/expert-corner/nutrition

feeding

My baby is 1year 6month old, she doesn't eat anything, also don't take milk, i h..

hi dear moms , which is the right health drink for 1-1/2 year old kids (Horlicks..

mybaby is not fond of rice.. chapati he..

not eating kiwis orange type fruits and rice very little

Doesn't chew the food...

My son is 3 years old and he doesn't chew the food.. All kind of stuffed chapati..

Nutrition

Hi .. My daughter is 2yrs old... Can I give her kids horlicks or pediasure? Pls..

Nutrition

hi everyone.. my son is 14 months now... he hates eating apple..... pls help me..

baby girl 18 mnt old

what should I feed to my baby girl she doesn't eat much get bored with anything..

stopped eating

Hi my daughter is 13 months old. She was eating everything I offered her includi..