Kahlil Gibran on children

Sankdip Das

“Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, And though they are with you yet they belong not to you. You may give them your love but not your thoughts, For they have their own thoughts. You may house their bodies but not their souls, For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams. You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you. For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday. You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far. Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness; For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable. ”

I really love Kahlil Gibran. Thanks for reminding us all what a wonderful source of inspiration his words are in all spheres of life.

Aashna

So true! A thought such as this, makes you look at things from a different perspective.

Neena

beautiful and liberating

Prajakta Deodhar

Good msg.

Oh lovely, I absolutely love and believe in this. Beautiful words of wisdom that can resolve many a parenting issues..

Im 7months pregnant

i'm 7months pregnant. whenever i wake i feel some pain in my vagina is it normal

mothers' intake

hi, i have 5months old son. i like to have coffee twice a day. does it cause any..

Lactation

I have a new born baby who is not drinking milk and always sleeping not even wak..

Is 2 child must for family

Hi i have daughter of 4 year and now i am confused shud we thi k fof 2nd child o..

Loss of interest in eating food by 9 mon..

Hi, need an urgent help. My baby has suddenly lost interest in eating food and..

water for 6 months old baby

Hi mommies my baby has completed 5 months and running 6. I want to know whether..

Decreased breast milk

Hi all ..suddenly by breast milk decreased from 2 days pls tel me hw to increase..

Baby boy name

I want a unique baby boy name. Please suggest