Lice and tics

Nisha

My 1 year old recently caught lice from my maid -who we just chucked out for her unclean habits and unkemptness- and gets up at night troubled cause of that   I could not find a treatment soap or shampoo esp. for kids, hence am thinking of applying diluted quantities of Mediker only on his hair. Is it advisable?   Pls suggest

Janaki Rajan

Apply neem oil and wash in 5 min

Nisha

Hi all, thanks so much for the replies. Will surely try the mediker oil and home remedies , this is a wonderful forum for wonderful resolutions. Kudos in helping the kids and parents protected :)

Great topic! Just the other evening may friends and I were having a discussion on how to manage lice in children. None of us were not aware of the home remedies. I will surely share these tips with them. Thank you Nisha, Neetu and Manju :)

Hey nisha , i completely agree with neetu .... all the home remedies are great and even simply using medikar shampoo and oil together will do the trick and i had faced the same problem and i oiled my daughters hair first and then washed it with the shampoo... after three washes my baby was lice free....

Some home remedies you may want to try. 1. Apply tea-tree / eucalyptus / olive / castor oil - whichever is readily available and leave overnight. Wash in the morning with baby shampoo. I have heard that tea tree oil works best. 2. Add some white vinegar to baby oil and apply on the child's head, leave for few hours and wash away. 3. If you don't find it too cumbersome, you can boil fresh neem leaves in water and use this water to rinse your baby's hair. You can prepare a concoction to last 3-4 times. Also, you will need to wash / replace all pillows, sheets and clothing to avoid a relapse. What I did with my baby was to remove all with hand, dilute medikar shampoo with his baby shampoo and carefully apply on the scalp, leaving for few minutes..

Hi Nisha, the Marico website, the company which makes Medikar says the following, based on which you have the option of using the oil on your little one: "Mediker is also available in an Oil format, for those who prefer using an oil in their regular regime. It contains coconut oil, in addition to neem and camphor. Mediker has been clinically tested and proven to be completely safe to use, with no side-effects. Mediker Natural Anti-Lice Oil is available in 15ml, 25ml and 50ml bottles."(http://www.marico.com/html/brands/mediker.php)

Worried about food

Mommies what do u guys feed for 16 months baby who suddenly refusing to eat any..

breast feeding

plz suggest me how to stop breast feeding of 2. 1year baby.

not obeying

I don't know what I have to do how to make my son to be obedient, not listening..

winter care

now in udaipur temp 9-7,deg. how to protect my daughter?

Health

My son vivan is now 14 months old. His weight is approx 9. 5. Is this right for..

Banana in winters

can i give banana to my 15 months old baby in winters as she loves banana a lot

Sleep pattern for 1. 2 years old

My little one waking up frequently in the night for every 2 hrs. Either I have t..

misbehavior

hi all.. can anyone guide how to deal in a situation where child is lifting hand..