loss of appetite after fever and throat infection

Aastha

Apr 25, 2015

hi, my year old son was suffering from fever and had cough. though he is fine now but his appetite is lost. he is just not eating anything. before the fever he had a good appetite of dalia,khichdi,banana and mashed potato. this used to b his favourites .give any one of this during the day and he will enjoy his meal. because of high fever and cough infection ,he had antibiotics. but the dosage is over and he is fine. but the problem is that he isnt eating anything. he is just on water and milk. i changed his meal plan,tried his favourites and the meal pattern but of no use! he seals his lips and starts to cry or will spit  but wont gulp the food in.   pls suggest! thnx

• 3

Hi Aastha, sometimes coz of antibiotics the taste in the mouth gets ruined and also the appetite. let him recover fully nad then he will be back. till that time give him whatever he wants and in whatever quatity. don't stress himself or yourself out with food. In the meantiime, you could make him have some curd or probiotic rich foods to take care of his digestion, which also gets affected by antibiotics.

Hi Aastha! Child is still in the stage of recovery and fears vomiting, discomfort after having food. So it is advisable to start with food in semi solid form such as soups, dalia khichdi or sabudana kheer etc. Which are light on stomach and easy to take in. it is advisable to go slow on diet as force feeding would further demotivate him from having food. The child would himself demand food as and when he feels better. Wish him speedy recovery.

Nita Sahni

hi Aastha! You could try some coconut water and milkshakes (without ice) with seasonal fruits.

viral fever

hello parents.. how to treat viral fever... and why its happen for 1. 4 year bab..

potty training

hello. my daughter is 2. 5 year old, I recently potty trained her. 15-20 days ev..

receipe

hi pls suggest some recipe for my 13 months old baby

cried a lot while going to school

she had started going school n cries a lot n maximum time finish vd vomit

Travel to north east

Hello frnds.. Just need some tips.. Actually my daughter is one year 3 months ol..

My child is 13 months now. He has starte..

Whole day he just wants to walk and at night his legs started paining kindly sug..

angry

why my child become angrying all the tym. ?

How to kick out boredom from 18 months o..

hello mommies... i am a practising CS.. work from home... left my job for my son..