loss of appetite after fever and throat infection

aastha

Apr 25, 2015

hi, my year old son was suffering from fever and had cough. though he is fine now but his appetite is lost. he is just not eating anything. before the fever he had a good appetite of dalia,khichdi,banana and mashed potato. this used to b his favourites .give any one of this during the day and he will enjoy his meal. because of high fever and cough infection ,he had antibiotics. but the dosage is over and he is fine. but the problem is that he isnt eating anything. he is just on water and milk. i changed his meal plan,tried his favourites and the meal pattern but of no use! he seals his lips and starts to cry or will spit  but wont gulp the food in.   pls suggest! thnx

• 3

Hi Aastha, sometimes coz of antibiotics the taste in the mouth gets ruined and also the appetite. let him recover fully nad then he will be back. till that time give him whatever he wants and in whatever quatity. don't stress himself or yourself out with food. In the meantiime, you could make him have some curd or probiotic rich foods to take care of his digestion, which also gets affected by antibiotics.

Hi Aastha! Child is still in the stage of recovery and fears vomiting, discomfort after having food. So it is advisable to start with food in semi solid form such as soups, dalia khichdi or sabudana kheer etc. Which are light on stomach and easy to take in. it is advisable to go slow on diet as force feeding would further demotivate him from having food. The child would himself demand food as and when he feels better. Wish him speedy recovery.

Nita Sahni

hi Aastha! You could try some coconut water and milkshakes (without ice) with seasonal fruits.

Banana in winters

can i give banana to my 15 months old baby in winters as she loves banana a lot

Food recipe

Can someone share what kind of food can b given to 16 months old baby ? Any reci..

badam

My son is 16 month old. Any one pls let me know how feed badam to him

concentration issue

my daughter is 16 month old, whenever I try to teach her small things like bye b..

winter care

now in udaipur temp 9-7,deg. how to protect my daughter?

breast feeding

plz suggest me how to stop breast feeding of 2. 1year baby.

Health

My son vivan is now 14 months old. His weight is approx 9. 5. Is this right for..

My child anger behaviour.

he is very short tampered. if no one listen to him or agree with his,he start th..