Lot of Lies

Lax Praba

My son is 6 yrs old. He is very matured. The problem is with communication. He exaggerates things from school, daycare. Mostly whatever he convey about day-today happenings are irrelevant or his imagination or Lies. Not sure how to correct this.

• 3

lax praba

Thanks Shikha, Shan B. Let me try to work on these.

Hi Lax Praba! How r u? A 6 year old lying or exaggerating could be due to many reaosns:A. Inability to differntiate between fantasy and reality. B. to avoid unpleasant response or punishment. C. Not to hurt feelings. D. Saving face. E. lacks self confidence. It's advisable to not take lies personally rather focus on purpose of lying. Once u find out why the child has been telling lies, u could have a detailed talk without being judgemental or putting the blame on child and hurting his self esteem in the process. punishment or scolding might reinforce the child to tell further lies. Share with him the ill effects of lying like loosing on trust, loosing friends, facing embarrassment once the truth gets revealed, might have to face consequences etc. Lax Praba I am sure u would handle this situation well. JuSt try and find out the cause and work on that. Also try and be a role model yourself and as far as possible tell truth even if it's not an easy one. In this manner u would prove to your child honesty is the best policy. Hope this helps!

Shan B

Any habit that is not wanted in a child can be gotten rid f by ignoring, discouraging and making the kid forget.

self activities

I want my child to play alone. she is a single child and all the time she wants..

constipation

even after giving syrup for constipation child is not passing motion daily. not..

low confidence

my son is 4 and half years old he is very active in home but as soon as he reach..

kids urine pass problem

hiii my son is of 2 years old. he speaks everything but don't tells about urine..

Khelne par jyada dhyan

Mera beta school nahi Jana chahta wo khelna chahta h hamesha kya karen

how to tackle stubborn child

Hi.. my daughter is of 4n half yr she is very stubborn how to deal with these ty..

he is very fussy

he doesn't obey me