Lot of Lies

Lax Praba

My son is 6 yrs old. He is very matured. The problem is with communication. He exaggerates things from school, daycare. Mostly whatever he convey about day-today happenings are irrelevant or his imagination or Lies. Not sure how to correct this.

• 3

lax praba

Thanks Shikha, Shan B. Let me try to work on these.

Hi Lax Praba! How r u? A 6 year old lying or exaggerating could be due to many reaosns:A. Inability to differntiate between fantasy and reality. B. to avoid unpleasant response or punishment. C. Not to hurt feelings. D. Saving face. E. lacks self confidence. It's advisable to not take lies personally rather focus on purpose of lying. Once u find out why the child has been telling lies, u could have a detailed talk without being judgemental or putting the blame on child and hurting his self esteem in the process. punishment or scolding might reinforce the child to tell further lies. Share with him the ill effects of lying like loosing on trust, loosing friends, facing embarrassment once the truth gets revealed, might have to face consequences etc. Lax Praba I am sure u would handle this situation well. JuSt try and find out the cause and work on that. Also try and be a role model yourself and as far as possible tell truth even if it's not an easy one. In this manner u would prove to your child honesty is the best policy. Hope this helps!

Shan B

Any habit that is not wanted in a child can be gotten rid f by ignoring, discouraging and making the kid forget.

need to know query reply time

hi... i am new to this app.. i had query yesterday for which i got no response f..

Study

My son is moody n doesn't writes more i want some suggestions how to mk him read..

Hyper active child

Hii my daughter Aarya is of 5. 6 yrs .she is hyper active child but becomes out..

watching tv

my daughter watching Tv and mobile how to make her away from it bcoz of i..

he is very fussy

he doesn't obey me

Day Care troubles

my kid is 6 yrs 5 months. due to some issues I had to change his day care. the..

very hyper n restless

how to chanelize energy of my kids in positive direction