Midnight feed

Binsy Benny

Mar 11, 2013

Hi All,   Had a query as to at what age do children start sleeping throughout the night without waking up in between for milk? Do i have to gradually try and stop giving milk in the middle of the night or they just lose that habit on their own. My child is 2 yrs old..

• 4

Binsy Benny

thnx for the feedback!!!

Hi Binsy. A child of that age normally does not need to be fed regularly at night. It may be more of a habit than a necessity. You could try to wean your child off the midnight milk habit by giving water instead to begin with. You could also give your child milk just before bedtime.

Hi! Binsy, i agree with puja here, though no two children are similar yet by the time they are turning 2 they should be able to sleep through the night or get up once only for water.

Puja

Hi! I think by 2 years of age kids are ready to eat proper meals, so a filling dinner should help do away with the need for milk at night. Another problem with a midnight feed is that the child may not brush his or her teeth thereafter and this makes the teeth prone to cavities. Also a cup of milk late at night will make it difficult to help your child's body get ready to stay dry through the night.

calcium-iron intake

how to increase calcium n iron intake for my son.

vomiting

Hi my kid his 2 years 4 months kid every month we need to take him to hospital s..

eating

can we give babies cerelac or milk powder as powder not mixing with anything .

folding of baby

folding and nutrition for baby for better health and growth

diet chart for 2 years baby.

please suggest diet chart with timings for 2 years baby

3 yr old toddler is not in taking solid..

hi all, as my 3 ur old daughter is not in taking food for the last 1 week, somet..

milk quantity for one year kid

how much qty of milk need tobe given daily??