Midnight feed

Binsy Benny

Mar 11, 2013

Hi All,   Had a query as to at what age do children start sleeping throughout the night without waking up in between for milk? Do i have to gradually try and stop giving milk in the middle of the night or they just lose that habit on their own. My child is 2 yrs old..

• 4

Binsy Benny

thnx for the feedback!!!

Hi Binsy. A child of that age normally does not need to be fed regularly at night. It may be more of a habit than a necessity. You could try to wean your child off the midnight milk habit by giving water instead to begin with. You could also give your child milk just before bedtime.

Hi! Binsy, i agree with puja here, though no two children are similar yet by the time they are turning 2 they should be able to sleep through the night or get up once only for water.

Puja

Hi! I think by 2 years of age kids are ready to eat proper meals, so a filling dinner should help do away with the need for milk at night. Another problem with a midnight feed is that the child may not brush his or her teeth thereafter and this makes the teeth prone to cavities. Also a cup of milk late at night will make it difficult to help your child's body get ready to stay dry through the night.

Hi

Hi my son is 1 yr 3 months,he s nt havng food properly n am giving similac n als..

weight

my lo is 13 months old. His weight is 8 kg. He doesnot eat properly,its very dif..

Milk

hi friends my 2 years daughter not drink milk can you suggest some other food ma..

my son is 1 yr 10 months and approx. 12..

we are giving him cows milk now from 1 month . previously he was on nan pro and..

papaya

helo my son is 2 years old . he loves papaya. he eTs too much papaya. is it good..

mother feed

hiii all... my baby is 14 months old ...vo cow milk nhi leta... only breast feed..

addiction to gadgets

hi my dotty is 1. 10months n she is severely addicted to mobiles n t. v ...only..

pomegranate juice

is it right to give me baby pomegranate juice in winter seasons