Mix the Breast milk and formula milk

Madhavi M

Hi, I'm a mother of 4 months old baby. My son likes to drink only breast milk but I am not getting enough milk. I'm Giving him formula milk but he is not accepting the formula milk . Sometimes, for the first time i am feeding breast milk then after few minutes even within a seconds i am giving formula milk, that means i am mixing both breast milk and formula milk. Sometimes he will accept the milk and sometimes he wont accept. He can easily identify the tase of breast milk and formula milk. Is it good to mix both breast milk and formula milk bcoz this is the time to develop the organs of the baby body. I'm Really worrying about this in a words i am getting confused. Please any tips.

• 4

Madhavi M

@Nirupama: I accept your words. His sleeping is good and urine is also good but he is not doing poo every day he will go like every 3 to 5 days since his birth. My baby is very active.

Madhavi M

@Anurima: I am feeding my baby for every 2-2:30 hours only breast milk sometimes it will go 3-3:30 hours bcoz he will sleep so i don't want to distrub him. Definitely, i am trying to avoiding formula.

I agree with Nirupama. Keep nursing your baby and avoid giving him formula. Milk supply will increase with each feed. So please continue with only breastfeeding.

Nirupama Sreedhar

Please do not feed your baby formula. You might feel that breast milk is not sufficient but it might not be true. If your child is gaining adequate weight and is sleeping well and urine and stool is regular then he is getting adequate milk.

Cough and cold.

My son is 9 months old and usually he is having problem of heavy cough in night...

Lack of milk

Hi I am getting low supply of milk. So please give me nay ideas to increase it.

lactose free top feed

hi all my baby is two n half month old I am feeding her both bf n top feed. my p..

Diarrea

Hllo My 11 month baby has diarea due to teething from last ten days. What shoul..

is my baby weight proper?

My baby is 6 n half month old her weight is 6. 8 kg is it normal ?

about omating

my baby doing omating after feeding milk. I feed him formula milk

mobile device radiation related

my son is 9 month old.... I am confused that whether I should use mobile for tea..

Baby Sleeps during the day and wakes up..

My son is 2 months old and he sleeps (sound asleep!) during the day and plays, c..