Mosquito bite marks

Archana Rao

Hie,   My 3 and a half year son has musquito bite marks all over his legs. He had a habit of continuously meddling with the bitten area which have left lots of marks. Any suggestions on how to reduce these marks.   Regards.

• 4

Archana Rao

Thank you all, your tips are really helpful.

Dr Vaneet Parmar

The marks that are left after a mosquito bite will definitely fade with time, Use of depigmentation creams is not advisable at all as this would lead to fading of the skin from that area. "Calosoft" is a great skin soother and can be applied on the area of the bite to help ease the itching. Incase your child has very sensitive skin then a herbal cream called " Ritch " can also be used to sooth the area. Mostly make sure the child is wering full sleeves when he is out in the park or school so the mosquito bite does not happen.

hey archana, there is a great mosquito repellant spray from chicco it works great with my son , also don't worry , with time these marks fade i have actually seen that happen . If you are still worried though you can coat the bite marks with aloevera when you put your child to sleep, the aloe will heal the wound much faster and will take care of the marks too...

Mayuri

apply lacto calamine lotion twice a day....... and immediately after a mosquito bites u can apply suthol antiseptic... this will prevent him from scratching ........whenever he goes out to play... apply odomos or any other mosquito repelent if he is not allergic to it...

severe cough

hi frnds my son is 14months old he is suffering vth severe cough and running nos..

eating bad things

My son is 2yrs old. he is slowly inbuliting a habit of eating cement,powder,crea..

polio vaccine

I have given all vaccine to my 18 months daughter as per vaccine chart,but have..

digestion

hi... iam worried abt ma kid digestion.... plz suggest me how to improve digest..

sometimes heating the other children

my son is 2 and 9 months old. sometimes while playing he beats or heats the othe..

about hunger

my daughtet is 2 yrs old now but still she eats less. i have tried various succe..

suffering from cough

Hi my daughter is 19 months old and has got cough which irritates her especiall..

Night time milk feed for toddlers

Hi my son is 2. 8yr old. He consumes upto 200 ml of milk just before the sleep(..