My baby doesn't walk independently

Farah Salman Husain

Although my son is 15 mnths old but he does not walk independently without support. He needs to clench on to something or the other. When will he start walking on his own?

• 1

Carol

Hi Farah, Each child is different and will reach their milestone at different time. It's a good sign that your baby is attempting and willing to walk. Probably he has a fear of falling. Make him walk on a firm mattress or carpet so he gains confidence in walking even if he falls. Give him variety of pull-along toy and some moving toy like cars or battery operated toys which would encourage him to go after them. If you are still worried, talk to your pediatrician.

one to one chat with parent

is there any field in patent lane where we can chat with a fellow parent one to..

Massage for the baby

Till what age should we continue massage for the baby?

Thumb problem

My son is 2 years old and he puts thumb in his mouth round the clock Tried diffe..

Biscuit to toddler

My kid (1 year 2 months) demands for biscuit a lot. Though I have alternate heal..

Exesiv of urin discharge

My 18month old baby doing urine 8 to 10tyms in a day.. Is it normal

Banana in winters

can i give banana to my 15 months old baby in winters as she loves banana a lot

Sukrit Wadhawan

Hi All, My daughter yells a lot. Please let me know what can be the reason and..

walking

my daughter is 14 months old,still she is not walking.... what could be the reas..