My Champ is completed a month :-)

Dilip Sharma

What precaution and extra care he need during his early phase ? 

Hi Dilip. One can see the joy in your words itself, congratulations. Anurima has already covered the points you need to concentrate on. From birth to 6 months, these are what you need to be careful about, especially SIDS. I would like to add one more thing. A mother needs as much rest as possible at this stage, whenever she can. Please also ensure she eats and sleeps well and gets her massage every day. If you are not doing so already, you could probably share in the child caring responsibilities for some part of the day, when your wife can just take rest and recuperate from her sleepless nights. Sharing childcare only increases the joy and wonder of fatherhood and will give you amazing insights into your baby's psyche even at this age.

Dilip Sharma

Sorry, ,,,by mistake I mention 2 months but he is completed only a month right now ... :)

Dilip Sharma

..Thanks for all useful info ..we will surely take care of everything.

Hey Dilip, congratulations on your baby turning two months :) The amount of care a baby needs cannot be defined- it is never enough! However, a few things to keep in mind: 1. Continuing with breastfeeding/formula. 2. Avoid giving any solids. 3. It may not be necessary to feed your baby any water as he is getting the daily requirement from milk. 4. Keep him warm-socks, a light cap and full sleeves. Babies have a body temperature higher than adults and consequently feel colder more quickly than we do. So it is better to dress them in full sleeves and pajamas than half sleeves and shorts. On the other hand, if you see your baby perspiring, you may need to change his clothes to something lighter. The bottom line is not to under dress or over dress him. 5. You may regularly monitor you baby's body temperature with a thermometer before bath. The ideal temperature is between 97 to 100. 4 degrees. Anything above this is a sign of fever and you will need to get in touch with a doctor asap. 6. Please check with the doctor if he has a cold or suffers from cough. 7. Avoid giving your baby any medication unless prescribed by the doctor. 8. Please make sure your baby sleeps in a comfortable space, be it his/her cot or on the bed with you. You may go through one of the recent blogs on SIDS and Passive Smoking and Children. You will find all the information on and the dos and don'ts. I am sure your wife and you know all the points cited above as caring for a child comes instinctively to us parents. Wish you a happy fatherhood :)

Fever post vaccination on 3rd day

My baby got vaccinated for 14 week day before yesterday , still he has fever 99...

Sweating

Hello all my baby nirvi 6 months old sweats alot & she has comparatively long h..

about constipation

my baby girl is 4 months old and she is suffering from constipation.... and due..

frequent urinination

my baby is 5and a half mnth old he passes urine frequently more than 8 times a d..

about vaccination

vaccination k pain ko km kaise kr skte h baby k

10 months baby is not sleeping in day ti..

Hi all, my 10 months baby is not sleeping on day time hardly she will sleep not..

mosquitoes bites

hi my baby girl is 3 months old and today i saw her thighs full of mosquitoes bi..