My child (5 yrs) takes too much time to eat

Prajakta Kulkarni

My son is five years old and he take approximately 1. 30-2. 00 hrs for lunch and dinner every day. His tiffin also comes back. I tried many dishes and his favorites but the situation is still the same. Every day I ask him to finish his food fast but he doesn't. I am worrying about his health. He is not gaining weight and height properly due to this. Please help me what should I do.

Prajakta Kulkarni

Thanks Renukaji. I will try this again. Today I did one more trick, I read a small storybook and asked him to finish his dinner before I complete stories, and it worked. He finished my dinner in half an hour. But this will not work every time.... So I need to find more tricks for him... Hope I will get them... And your guidelines also will be there... Thanks to all of you again...

Prajakta Kulkarni

Thank you all for these suggestions. But I am doing all these from many days. That is why I am very worried about him. We sit together for lunch and dinner. The TV is strictly off while eating, I try to give him as much as nutritious food and mainly homemade. He doesn't eat outside food. He doesn't like it. So what to do next?

Renuka M

Try being more creative in food, like drawing smiley face on sandwich, same dosa, colorful food, seeing the food he should be tempted to eat it. If there are other kids at home or in neighborhood you can ask them to join him during lunch time. Try out for some competition between kids. hope this will work out.

Sonal Singh

Try some homemade health mix which will compensate for the lost nutrients. Also do not let your son watch tv or play with mobile while eating. Strictly tell him that he cant watch tv untill he finishes lunch or dinner. this might help too.

Rashi

Prajakta Kulkarni You should have a family b'fast/dinner time when all the family members sit at the dining table and have meal together. Discuss funny things over the table, enjoy ur meal. Appreciate the tasty food. This way bond among the family members will also strengthen and your son would also like to try to different healthy dishes which mumma, papa likes. he'll try to finish his meal fast when he'll see others finishing fast and find himself left alone at the table.

Prajakta Kulkarni

Thanks

simran sharma

Does he watch tv while having food? Discourage this habit then.. Let him eat at the dining table , then you'll see how fast his supper will end. Tell him you can watch tv after having your lunch, or have your milk then we will go to the park. Hope it helps. :)

How to increase immunity power

what food can I give her increase immunity power,so that cold, coughing, fever n..

veggies

my 6 year old child doesn't eat any veggies .he likes pulses is he is getting a..

weight gain

suggest me some food list of weight gain .he s nw 3years

Feeding problem

My daughter likes to eat non veg ..she often by suffers from indigestion.. few d..

how to control wait of child

I have 6years girl child she is gainning her wait how can I control her wait an..

eating problem

my son does not like to eat anything he is very choosy. what I m do that he like..