My child is shy

Isha Bajaj Sharma

My son is 20 months old bt he leasts socialises. also he now a days puts his hands on his ears and puta his neck at one side quite frequently. can anyone guide me wat to do.. he has nt even started speaking as yet

• 6

Isha I believe it would be too early to reach to any conclusion and would require further examination from an expert. I would advise you to consult your paediatrician regarding the same and take further advise on this.

Isha Bajaj sharma

Also to mention he at first instance doesnt go to any1 except me my husband and father in law bt if we are nt arnd he just takes few mins to mingle up and again wen he looks at us he comes to us

Isha Bajaj sharma

Hi shikha.. he does reacts to normal sounds at times by putting his hands on ears also he does asks for switch off and on thing and fav toys part he does makes an eye contact and also looks at us wen he take his name ..not to forget he asks for his fav toys and ph many a times ..he doesnt speaks as of nw at all

Thanks for replying to my query Isha. I would like to further clarify few things. Does he seem to cry vilonetly and have an outburst for small things say on switching on or off light button or when u change place of his favorite toy or any other thing? 2. Is covering his ears because of a loud sound which is otherwise a Normal sound say a cooker's whistle or a door bell? 3. Does he make an eye contact with u when u call out his name? 4. Does he play with you and follow instructions? 5. How does he communicate with you and How many words are their in his vocabulary? 6. How does he react to people other than family members? Please reply to each question individually.

Isha Bajaj sharma

Hi Shikha thanks for the reply.. yes he does reacts to things he does everything but point no 5 is something wherein i would say that he does claps wen he is happy and feels like playing and also he used to put his hands on his ears quite often but now the frequency is quite less.. kindly suggest wat to do

Hi Isha! Please answer these questions 1. Does he respond when u call his name?2. does he respond to emotions like a hug, a kiss, taking him in his lap? 3. Does he seem to have emotional outbursts like crying out loud and not being pacified even after all attempts?4. Is he sensitive to sound and light? 5. Does he make repititive movements like flapping his hand, wiggling his fingers in front of eyes ? 6. does he make eye contact with u? 7. Has he reached other milestones appropriate for his age ? Please specify other behaviors as well which u find are unusual. The answer to these questions would help us understand the nature of the problem. Thanks!

baby crying when peeing why

please help me ..

crying and not sleep at neight

hi my baby is 16 month old and during day he just sleep just 2/3 hours and play..

Speaking not well and started Stammering

My child us about to 3 + and not speak like he speak beforebut nowadays he doesn..

Toddler speaking

Hello mom's, My baby is 2year 10 month . He is speaking what he want he answer s..

hyperactive

my son is 2. 7 years old .He is very hyperactive when we go out .he is uncontrol..

Poking fingers in his nose n eating d st..

Everytime he put his finger inside his nose and take out d nosy stuff out and li..

hi ,, my kid is 2 years 11 months, she g..

playing and talking alone in school

what should I do to deal with my 3yrs. o..

I m really worrying about my kid's tantrums n her behaviour. she is in nursery n..