My child walk on toes

Sneha

My 15 months old child walks on toes most of the times especially when he is bare foot. He walks properly in slippers/sandals but in this hot weather he loves to walk bare foot(when he is at home) as he finds the floor cold. Is it alright to walk on toes? Is it possible that it could create some problem in future?

Shally Jain Bhardwaj

While in most cases it is common for kids to walk on their toes occasionally especially during the early learning phase, at certain times it can be a sign of underlying muscle weakness or a mild neurological issue. So it would be best to observe the child for a couple of months and consult an expert if the problem persists.

Kritika

Hi Sneha although this is normal at this age, please encourage him to wear footwear whenever necessary and you can also show him how to walk normally and that how it can hurt toe walking, by personally demonstrating him. If the problem persists further , you can always see a child expert in your area.

Geetika

My daughter was toe walking at 13 months. My foot doctor said this was common, and the best thing to help her grow out of this phase was to make her wear shoes often to discourage this. A month later, she is walking normally and gaining speed and skill. I will advice you to consult doctor so that your child can be on a safer side.

for feeding

My little girl age 1 yearand8 months old and she is still feeding it is right f..

suntan in toddlers

My 15 months old daughter's complexion has turned little dark for past 10-12 day..

weight

amar bachar 1 y 7 month. weight 15 kg. age anusare weight ta ki khub besi??

vomiting

my baby has cold n cough... n he did vomit after i gave him shower... is everyth..

how to stop breastfeeding

pls suggest.... my girl is 1 and half years old....

sleeping issue

hii moms my daughter is 1 months old.. she doest sleep as much as she should sle..

teaching potty to baby

my baby is of 18months how to teach her potty. she says after doing potty.