My Daughter is very Shy at school

Vijaya

My Daughter who is 4yr Old Goes to Nursery. The Problem is that she is very shy and scared in school.. she never opens her mouth for anything.. At home she is able to recite all her rhymes and everything. But at shool she always is silent and this makes her teache thinks she doenst knw anything..     Can any of you pls give me a solution for this. I am very disappointed with this.

• 5

Anshu

Hi vijaya! My daughter is in preschool and she is exactly the same. Her teacher can't believe she talks at home. She just goes mum in school. No activity no talking. And then hyper at home. She knows so much and understands everything. I'm just trying to accept that she is different. I guess I just have to let her be. There is no way out. Pressurising will be useless. So lets hope that one fine day our daughters will decide to start talking. Just like that !

Anshu

vijaya

Thanks for your Advise.. WE have been doing most of things you have mentioned... she recites her rhymes, story very well at home nd in frmt of grndparent... bt at school she just looses on them... Bribing her with toys choc nthng has helped us...

vijaya

Hi Shikha,

dear Vijaya! This is quite a common behavior amongst preschoolers n even in certain in older children. It is advisable u cud make the child practice at home. praise the child on even attempting to do so. Appreciation would boost her confidence n give her the required motivation to perform well. Set a target she is able to speak well everyone would clap for her, n she will be rewarded. Once she opens up there will b no looking back. But at no point the tone should be threatening. The more u shower ur love n praise the more child will open up. U cud share with the child how u as a child used to speak in class n everyone used to applaud for u. U cud buy her a mike n she could practice in front of everyone at home or in front of a mirror. U cud ask her to recite rhymes in front of grandparents, friends, cousins, relatives etc they should appreciate child's efforts. Hope these strategies would help u!

My son holds his private part often. He..

My son holds his private part often. He turned 3. Doctors say its normal. I do..

My child is 13 months now. He has starte..

Whole day he just wants to walk and at night his legs started paining kindly sug..

sleep

my little one sleeps only if I breast feed her. she is one yr four months now. h..

fever and diarrhea

my child is suffering from fever and diarrhea .. from last night... I don't know..

help me out

hello... i m a mother of 2 years 6 months baby boy, now a days he is become very..

receipe

hi pls suggest some recipe for my 13 months old baby

NT HAVING FOOD

Hii my son is 1 year 3 mnths. He had cold 10 days back. From tut time he s refus..