My son is restless and doesn't listen

Preetika

Jul 15, 2014

Hello All,   My son is 6 and he is very active child. But he doesn't listen to anybody. I had this problem at home earlier but the complaints have started coming from the teachers now. He is a restless child in class. He wants to go to toilet and for water every 5 mins. Sometimes he doesn't want to sit and keep roaming in the class. He is a reluctant writer. Almost everyday his CW is incomplete. I have spoken to him number of times, tried to understand with empathy but didn't work. For any other activity of his interest he can sit and spend whole day but the school part is getting worse by day. I would really appreciate if parents using this space can advice something. I really want to help my child. I understand it must be hard on his part also getting scolding of teachers everyday.   Thanks in advance !! Preetika.

• 4

pragya

i am facing the same problem pls give some suggestions

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Preetika, If according to you, he demonstrates this behaviour only in school and work related to school, then you need to have a conversation with his teacher/principal and also a school counsellor. Share your problem with them and ask them to help. Sometimes children get too burdened with school or feel in awe of teachers and this creates restlessness. Also ask him specific questions around his class, batchmates, teachers, studies, to figure out if something is bothering him. hope this helps.

Akraru

Travelling excatly in d same boat. Urgently seeking suggestions to deal with the situation.

Preetika

My son is restless and doesn't listen - See more at: http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/my-son-is-restless-and-doesnt-listen/1282

child is becuming over possessive

hii.. i hv a son who is 3yrs 1mnth old. he doesnt lik me talking to my parents,..

behavioural problem

my 6 yr old, only son cries for each and everything. he could not adjust with hi..

hyperactive

my child is very hyperactive. he dont want to listen me .he is very short tempre..

Toilet training for my daughter.

Hi all, my daughter is 4 year old. She is still not saying she wants go to rest..

constipation

even after giving syrup for constipation child is not passing motion daily. not..

watching tv

my daughter watching Tv and mobile how to make her away from it bcoz of i..

disobedience

4. 10 years never listens to whatever I say acts if he did not hear at all

Taking time for my children

even after being a housewife ,I' m not able to make time for my children. both w..