Need help

Gaurav Gupta

My baby wl b vaccinated next month for pneumonia... our Dr told abt two kinds of vaccine for d same.. one is prevner n other one is synflorix.. M not sure which one to go for.. dere is huge difference in price of two.. I m sure many of u MST hv faced a same situation.. Pls help which one to go for..

gaurav gupta

Thanx namrata.. n al..

Namrata

Yes my doc also discussed the same with me. The difference is in the number of strains of PCV bacteria against which these vaccines provide protection. While Prevnar13 protects against 13 to 14 strains, Synflorix protects against 10 strains. You are right that the cost difference is huge but the choice is yours. I went for Prevnar. You should discuss with your doc. Hope this helps!

Then take another doctor's opinion. At one point he is saying both are fine and the other he is saying that one will prevent three more diseases as compared to the other. Obviously as parent you would want the best for your child. Hence in this case it is better to consult another doctor and ask him or her about the exact difference in the vaccination. Hope this helps.

gaurav gupta

Dr says it's up to us.. both r fyn... p prevents 13 types of diseases.. n s prevents 10..

Hi Gaurav, I think you should consult your doctor only for the same and ask him to explain you the difference between the two vaccine.

turning nd rolling

my baby is 4nd half month old. but he does'nt turn nd roll itself... is it norma..

infant food

suggest food fr 5 month baby

baby care while travelling

Hi friends. My baby is 6+ months old. I'm travelling to my husband's native next..

late night sleep

my 4 month baby don't sleep till late night.. he takes sometime up to 4 am in Mo..

How to stop breastfeeding

Tips to stop breastfeeding

start to seat

hollo everyone,My baby is 4 month old. when can i start to seat her?

diarrehea

my baby is 10 months old and having fever and sever diarrehea and also she is no..