No Milk

Christina Edison

Mar 21, 2013

Hi Moms   Please help me.. my Daughter 1. 5yrs has suddenly stopped drinking milk, this started off once i migrated her from bottle to glass.   wht do i do..   i am upset.

• 5

Christina Edison

thank you all for your ideas will try to implement them..

Indu

Another thing that you can try Christina is .... try to buy a thick good quality straw from market and put that in the glass of milk. you can buy some colorful ones... I have done same with my daughter as she had also stopped taking milk when we started weaning her from bottle. I had bought 2-3 bundles of straws and let her choose the color she wanted... And that was hit for couple of months though .... :) Good Luck

Great Christina. Hope your daughter takes to a sippy cup. You could try getting her a plastic glass with an attached straw, one which twirls around maybe. Most children like those. Good Luck :)

Christina Edison

thank you Anurima for your valuble suggestion i shall start giving her in sippy, my DD has been taking water, juices etc in glass since she was 6 months old. only milk in the bottle. let me try giving her in sippy or some attractive glasses

Hi Christina. I can understand your concern as growing children need the daily required amount of calcium. Seems like your daughter is not happy that you replaced her bottle with a glass. Little children associate milk bottles as an object of comfort, just like a breast fed baby would associate breastfeeding and being close to the mother as a soothing and comforting experience. If you suddenly went cold turkey with the bottle, that is, stopped giving milk to her in it suddenly one day, she will react as her object of comfort has been taken away. What you could do is gradually try to wean her off the bottle by offering her milk in an attractive glass once a day. You could begin by giving her some water or juice in the glass and slowly start giving her milk, all the while also giving her milk in the bottle once or twice a day. Cutting down on the bottle gradually may do the trick. If this helps, but my 4 year old daughter drinks milk in a sippy cup, which she holds like a milk bottle and lays down while drinking. I have tried giving her milk in a glass, even got her an attractive straw glass. She drank from it for a few days and went back to her sippy. The sippy is almost 2 years old and the colour has faded! I could not find a similar one in the shops. Infact most toddlers of my friends still drink from the bottle. Some of them are 5-6 years old! SO hang in there, she will take to the glass but for the time being you could give her the bottle back. Hope this helps.

kesar in milk

hi my son is 21 months old can I give him kesar onces a day?? it's winters here..

not eating

hi I have a daughter of 2 years 3 months old since 2 to 3 days she is not eatin..

banana

hi all can I give banana to a toddler in summer if he most of the time suffer f..

my child doesnt have regular food

nutritional guidelines PLEASE

milk powder

hi friends. suggest me best milk powder for one year old baby. present i am usin..

addiction to gadgets

hi my dotty is 1. 10months n she is severely addicted to mobiles n t. v ...only..

mishti dahi is good for her

hi my daughter is 13 months old,is mishti dahi is good for her...

Eating issue

I serve chapati with dal to my 1 year old baby.. he does not like it to eat eage..