Not drinking milk

Hi parents,   My son is 5 years. He does not want to drink milk at all. Whenever i give him milk and i am not around he throws it. I am really worried. Please suggest.

• 3

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Ankita, u can try different flavours like ragi malt, badam mix, chocolate flavour drink or mango complan. First u can try in small sachet and never force. Many kids like cold milk and chocos, milkshakes and rosemilk. So find out which is ur son's favourite and give him whenever he likes. Everyday if u wish that he must drink 2 glasses of milk then it is going to be a big mental block and things will never happen. It happened in my case. I gave up totally and now I can see a change. My daughter is taking milk everyday( not that strict 2 glasses) after I stopped forcing her. I am also satisfied that something is better than nothing.

Dear Ankita, I have a 2 year old who hates milk too. So here is what I do- I offer him milk on alternate days or after 2 days. I have stocked up the fridge with yogurt, paneer, cheese and other dairy products. He eats yogurt without any hassle. I also add butter in his food. You could try giving him other dairy products so that he doesnt not miss out on the essential nutrients present in milk. I was told by the nutritionist here in Parentune, that egg is an excellent source of calcium and can provide the missing calcium along with other nutrients if the child does not drink enough milk. So please do not force him and try the other products. Hope this helps.

Anandana N

Hi Ankita. How about making the milk look great and interesting. Try giving him a smoothie. Do not tell him its milk, tell him its a smoothie. give it to him in a colourful glass with some chocolate sauce smile on it. You would have to do such things for atleast a week and not give up. Let me know if it doesnt work.

no response

y not responding fr my question???

how to teach kids to eat by their hands

hello.. my son is 5yrs old. he knows how to eat himself with spoon but not at al..

Both are not interested in food

How we ate them food

Salt for babies

I read everywhere that we should not give salt and sugar to babies below 1 year..

My daughter is 3 nd half year old but she is only 10kgs.. she doesn't eat at all..

About Weight

My son is 3yrs8month. His weight is 11. 7kg. He is under weight. He is eating al..

weight increase

hi daughter his 4 now but her weight his 13 now .tell me which can be increa..

how to make my child eat normal food

my son 3 yrs n 5 months old doesn't eat anything expect milk.... idli ,dosa ,app..