Not drinking milk

Hi parents,   My son is 5 years. He does not want to drink milk at all. Whenever i give him milk and i am not around he throws it. I am really worried. Please suggest.

• 3

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Ankita, u can try different flavours like ragi malt, badam mix, chocolate flavour drink or mango complan. First u can try in small sachet and never force. Many kids like cold milk and chocos, milkshakes and rosemilk. So find out which is ur son's favourite and give him whenever he likes. Everyday if u wish that he must drink 2 glasses of milk then it is going to be a big mental block and things will never happen. It happened in my case. I gave up totally and now I can see a change. My daughter is taking milk everyday( not that strict 2 glasses) after I stopped forcing her. I am also satisfied that something is better than nothing.

Dear Ankita, I have a 2 year old who hates milk too. So here is what I do- I offer him milk on alternate days or after 2 days. I have stocked up the fridge with yogurt, paneer, cheese and other dairy products. He eats yogurt without any hassle. I also add butter in his food. You could try giving him other dairy products so that he doesnt not miss out on the essential nutrients present in milk. I was told by the nutritionist here in Parentune, that egg is an excellent source of calcium and can provide the missing calcium along with other nutrients if the child does not drink enough milk. So please do not force him and try the other products. Hope this helps.

Anandana N

Hi Ankita. How about making the milk look great and interesting. Try giving him a smoothie. Do not tell him its milk, tell him its a smoothie. give it to him in a colourful glass with some chocolate sauce smile on it. You would have to do such things for atleast a week and not give up. Let me know if it doesnt work.

My daughter is 3 nd half year old but she is only 10kgs.. she doesn't eat at all..

what food can I feed my baby before scho..

can u tell me which kind food can I feed her

about daughter food

hii my daughter is 4year old.. what should I give her in breakfast which is good..

weak

hi my son is now 4yr 2mnths old. his weight is too low n will nt eat properly n..

not eating any thing

my daughter 4yr old not eating any thing , she keeps the food in mouth only not..