Our children carry our smiles, our anger and our bad words ...

Indu

Yesterday me and my husband were having tea n kids were playing in the balcony, they were talking . We started listening to them quietly, my kids were not aware of this... my daughter has the same tone as of her father and same words ...i think she may not be knowing meaning of certain words.  and my son was just saying ok ...as he is only 2. I  started thinking, that some times our frustations, anger may indulge us so much that we start speaking some bad words and that must impact our little ones. One of my friend was kept on saying bad things about her in laws and never cared about her daughter's presence. And with time, that girl had developed so much disliking, infact her dadi used to love her so much.     I think we should talk about only simple things in front of kids, simple means .nothing negative or bad words... let them enjoy the positivity of life.  

Indu

Sarishty and Anurima.... I know that I have to work a lot on my tone with kids .. why even kids ..with everyone I guess. We are always too much occupied and then even a small thing from our kids, makes us irritated. My daughter uses the same tone with my son ... and that little kiddo does same with me... its flowing across family . And in the end we say to our kids that don't Talk like that ... but I think I have to start first in softer tone... Thanks Ladies ..making me realise this :)

I am in a similar situation Indu. I have been hearing my almost 4 year old daughter talking to my son (1 year) and also the pet dog in the same tone we talk to her sometimes. She even uses the exact words and body language! When I see her this way, I feel so guilty. If it looks bad to us, imagine how we must be looking to the kids when we adults argue or react to situations when stressed! Our kids are giving us a taste of our medicine.. its time to buckle up and think twice before we react! They need to grow up in a happy and friendly environment, which is easy to forget in everyday life. Your post here has helped many parents realize this, including me. Thanks Indu :)

sarishty

I can only tell you one thing Indu , as you said that they copy tone , this is so very true .....My husband is very soft spoken and I am not ...my son who is 3 yrs old talk to me loudly but not his father ...to his father he is as gentle and soft as his father is to him and I envy that :-)) Also my nephew has developed very hoarse voice according to his age as he used to talk loudly very loudly as my sister used to ...so even if he has to explian his needs to my sister he shouts with hoarse throat because he thinks this is normal... I dont think we like kids to be like that ..me and my sister both are working on speaking in low and softer tone .....

So true.. I know someone who needs to read this!

Absolutely... children should not be in the presence of adults when they are having an argument or talking about others. There is also a very real danger of children repeating you in front of others. So you never know, one day a child, having heard her parents talk of a neighbour, will approach her in a party and say, Auntie, you are very fat because you cant stop eating! Only family discussions regarding decisions to be taken which will affect everybody, can be discussed in front of a child who is above 7 years of age.

Baby aggression

My baby girl is showing her aggression daily. What to do..

Suggestion in case of constipation

. My 1year doll also Suffer from constipation problem. I use banana daily. 1sp..

Activities for Toodlers

Hi, My lo is 18 months old and very hyperactive. Please help me with some activi..

avoid milk

hello,my child is 3years,i full my child tummy with solid but by giving solids 3..

Stop feeding during night...

my daughter is 1 year 3 months old... I am trying to stop feeding during night....

walking

my daughter is 14 months old,still she is not walking.... what could be the reas..

vaccine @ 18Months

what vaccination to be given at 18 months to the child. please share if anyone k..