polio drops

Poonam Moolchandani

Hi, Are polio drops important to give to your child. and also can anyone let me know the date for the next date of it in Mumbai.   Regards   Poonam

• 5

michelle sanzgiri

Hi, I stay in mumbai, The Pulse Polio campaign is run every month in mumbai, you will usually find these people seated at the railway stations, if you miss going there, the would come to your locality and register your child, once your child is registered, you do not need ot do anything they would come to your place every time the campaign runs till your child is 5, i have experienced this for both my kids.

Anamika

Hi Neetu! I stay in Delhi and as part of Pulse Polio Campaign every month polio drops are given to the children. My daughter is 3. 5 yrs old. Is it safe to give her oral polio drops every month?

From the news, it seems that the Pulse polio campaign was carried out in January - February 2013 throughout Maharashtra. For your child, you may have to consult your doc, if your baby has missed out on the vaccine. The good news - there have been no reported cases of polio on your state since 2011..

Dear Poonam, there is a comprehensive blog about Polio. Please copy the link below and paste it on your browser - dhoudl answer a lot of your questions on the topic. Would also like to add that apart from the usual injected polio vaccine that the pediatrician administers, it is important for all of us - with children aged below 5 years - to participate in the Pulse Polio campaign that runs in the country form time to time. The logic is that the oral drops work in such a way that they eradicate the disease from the community, also protecting your own child. To your question, it is very important to give polio vaccine to your child. The blog also mentions the schedule.

colic

hi my baby of 2 mnths old is crying al d tym and to make him quiet I hv to feed..

about burping

baby ko kitne mnth tk burp krana pdta h

Back pain post delivery

hi, i have back pain post delivery. What s the reason and how to get rid of it?

best bottle for 3. 5 months baby

my baby is 3. 5 months old. i have been exclusively breastfeeding him till now b..

breastfeeding

I didn't feed my baby last one month due to fever n transfer of my home to Chenn..

Gripe water

What could be the quantity of gripe water to a 3 months old baby?

Weaning Bottles

My baby is 8. 5 months. He has been using bottles since he was 2 months old. Due..

water issue

My baby is 3 and half month old I am giving water to drink thrice a day is it ok..