Prenatal Diet

Meenu Bhasin

Hi All, Just wanted to ask whether its safe to consume safforn milk during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy as its safforn is considered to be very hot ! Please suggest !  

• 2

Tanuja Sodhi

3 to 4 strands of saffron in milk would be totally harmless, as saffron is known to stimulate uterine wall leading to contractions only if it exceeds 10 gms. However, its advisable to consult your obstetrician before consuming saffron as he would be able to advice you after an investigation based on your medical history.

Hi Manju. Saffron can cause the body to heat up, but having about 4-5 strands per day should not make much of a difference. Saffron is known to help in digestion in the third trimester. You may want to check with your doctor on this, as it may also depend on how your pregnancy has been so far and whether consumption of saffron could interfere with your baby's health or your health at this stage.

green tea

is green tea safe during pregnancy. if safe then how often cud be taken also whi..

Eating fish

Having fish during 3rd trimester is helpful for normal delivery?

Is it advisable to take coconut water if..

Hi.. am 23 week pregnant n I ve detected with diabetes... Can I consume coconut..

Foods to avoid to reduce glucose in bloo..

I'm 32 weeks pregnant. My sugar levels are high. This has leads to increase in m..

coffee

hello ... I m in my 2nd trimester ...is it safe to have coffee once in a week...

diet

hi, m in my seventh month.. m working also. I get hungry these days but due to w..

weight gain

hi. I m seven month pregnant. my weight gain is 6. 5kgs. is it less or ok... ple..

any one has idea of high suger during pr..

high sugar during pregnancy. how to go about it.