Prenatal Diet

Meenu Bhasin

Hi All, Just wanted to ask whether its safe to consume safforn milk during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy as its safforn is considered to be very hot ! Please suggest !  

• 2

Tanuja Sodhi

3 to 4 strands of saffron in milk would be totally harmless, as saffron is known to stimulate uterine wall leading to contractions only if it exceeds 10 gms. However, its advisable to consult your obstetrician before consuming saffron as he would be able to advice you after an investigation based on your medical history.

Hi Manju. Saffron can cause the body to heat up, but having about 4-5 strands per day should not make much of a difference. Saffron is known to help in digestion in the third trimester. You may want to check with your doctor on this, as it may also depend on how your pregnancy has been so far and whether consumption of saffron could interfere with your baby's health or your health at this stage.

vegan diet for mom

I delivered my daughter through c section. nowadays I feel very tired and facin..

whole day battle for hungryness !

Hi friends, am in 9th week pregnancy. From the begining of pregnancy i feel too..

Post natal diet

Q: I delivered my baby on 13th Feb through c section. please tell me about the p..

Eating fish

Having fish during 3rd trimester is helpful for normal delivery?

green tea

is green tea safe during pregnancy. if safe then how often cud be taken also whi..

Is it advisable to take coconut water if..

Hi.. am 23 week pregnant n I ve detected with diabetes... Can I consume coconut..

appy fizz

I am 6 months pregnant ...can I have appy fizz??

Foods to avoid to reduce glucose in bloo..

I'm 32 weeks pregnant. My sugar levels are high. This has leads to increase in m..