Babycare Health and Wellness

Problem of Saying alphabet R.

Preeti Joshi

My 5 year old son used to pronounce all the alphabets very well when he was about 2. 5 years old. Then we stayed in US for about 2. 5 years and now he pronounce R as L. Eg. When he tries to call his friend Ryan he actually says Lion. Is it normal or should i consult a speech therapist. The important thing is that sometimes he says R correctly but that is by mistake. Till what age should i wait. We are planning to go back to US. R is an important alphabet over there. I dont want my son to be embarrassed or feel that something's wrong with him. I am very worried about this matter. Please suggest. Thanks alot

• 7

Preeti Joshi

Oh ok

Rizwan

My son is 4 now. His pronunciation was also good till the age of 3. 5 years. But then he has problem with letter r. In play school he used to read t for tree but after some months of admission he say t for tee. Thank god i understood his problem and try to correct him and make him realize. after some days he realised his problom on his own and read r sound words repeatedly. Now he can pronouce r correctly. I think the problem behind this behaviour of my son was his fear of his school or teacher.

Preeti Joshi

Ok, or it can be confusion also of English and Marathi

simran sharma

It may be because of his company . or due to ignorance. but i am glad you figured it out ,, Not an issue of worry, just focus on reading , :)

Preeti Joshi

I was wondering if it is common that earlier a kid speaks clear and suddenly starts saying few alphabets wrong

Preeti Joshi

Thank you so much Simran. Will try it ??

simran sharma

There most important thing is do not work harder, it will make the child nervous and he will stop making progress, One way is to while reading include objects and things which have R like car , teach your child how to control their tongue by using their finger, let him feel the space between the tongue and the bottom teeth,. Picking words that end with R are the easiest to start with. Good luck. :)

skin dryness

my daughter is 6 1/2years old, she is having very very dry skin. that too in thi..

shuttering issue

my child tries to speak very fast he is shuttering while speaking since a year...

HAVING PROBLEM IN HELTH

HI MY SON IS NOT TAKING FOOD THAT MUCH HE REQUIRED . SO HE IS ONLY 19 KG ... PLE..

weight issue

what is an ideal weight for 3. 5 yrs old boy?

eye flu

hi my baby is 5 years old. today her eyes is swallowed and close with white part..

infection

my baby now complete 5 years every month she has troat infection

my daughter frequently suffers from coug..

due to cold she also complain about having pain in ears. what should I do