Proper height and weight

Ayushi Narula

Hi parents, My Son is 4 yrs old. I would like to know what is  the proper height and weight required for his age. He seems to be on the lighter side, but he's an active child. Can any one please suggest how to increase his appetite?

• 4

Hi Ayushi! The average weight for a 4 year old is 18. 14 kgs and height is 40 inches. To increase weight u need to add more of fat and proteins in yr child's diet. A balanced diet with recommended intake of nutrients should be served. As Anurima has rightly mentioned child shd exercise or play outdoors for at least half an hour everyday. This will expense his energies and make him feel hungry. Please substitute all junk food items in child's diet with healthier options. Making his diet not only look appealing but also taste yummier. u cud add variety, taste, color, along with healthier nutritients Hope this helps!

i give my son corn flakes or choco flakes or buiscuits as snacks in the evening... is it ok? pls suggest.

You may find this link helpful in finding the average height and weight of a 4 year old: http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/height_weight_forchildren.asp Hope this helps :)

Hey Ayushi, since your child seems active and healthy, you need not worry about his height and weight much as he will catch up (if he is behind his peers). The stature of children mostly depend on those of their parents. To help your child eat well, make sure he eats his meals and snacks on time and has enough activity in between meals to help build up his appetite. Snacking on junk food should be avoided completely or can be can be an occasional treat.

food and nutrition

which food my betu eat

underweight baby

hlo,my baby is two years old and his weight is 9 kg and height is also small ..h..

journey with baby

am about to travel with my 2 yr old daughterto Malaysia for 5 days ..what type..

Food..

Please suggest some dishes for my 1 year baby..

pulses

In which way pulses can be added in the diet of a 3 year old? please suggest som..

food habits

how can I make my child develop good eating habits. she makes a lot if fuss to e..

Cereal and Pulses

hi all, my younger baby is 1 year old. I am having trouble in feeding him. He do..