Protection from mosquitoes

Maanasa

Hi, I have a one year old son and I stay in an area where there are a lot of mosquitoes. Although i take care to close windows in the evening and I use a net for my son when he sleeps in the night, I am not able to completely avoid them. With dengue being a big threat these days I wanted to ask what can we do to prevent the mosquitoes. Can we use any creams like odomos for such small babies? Can we use All-out or good night mats? I do not use any of these as of now. Thanks.

Maanasa

thank you all. I will try out some of the natural remedies.

Harsha Savant

Use mosquito net.. its always gud option for all family members not only babies.. you can use 6*6 net which can feet on double bed..

anamikahd

No one can avoid mosquitoes compkletely. The only thing we can do is to avoid unwanted material to be disposed immediately from home and not let them collect at home. These give space to mosquitoes to hide. keep home and surrounding neat and clean. Avoid coolers as they are biggest place for dengue mosquitoes to breed. Install AC know mater its expensive but healthy. Do not use mosquito cois or repellant as they are toxic. use full sleeve light clothes. Be cautious and don't let child play alone. Keep watch whether mosquitoes are around your kid especially in day light. Because dengue mosquito bites in day light. We can do that much at least from mid july to mid october which is the dengue season.

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

It is not advised to use any sort of mosquito cream / repellents/ patches around infants .. They do more harm than good .. Yes you can use natural products but anything on child's skin :body is not advised .. Only sure shot remedy is full sleeve clothing and age old mosquito nets

Silvi Bhatia

Hi. It's a request do not use any coils or such things at home. You can burn some neem leaves to be used as repellent. The coils are dangerous and can cause threatening diseases. Bye

Hi Maanasa, You may read this blog to know about some natural mosquito repellants- http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/4-natural-mosquito-repellents-to-try/551

20 days old baby loose motion

my baby girl is 20 days old. she has loose motion 5 times a day. she passes it g..

lips color

hiii friends my baby girl have 5 months her lips are just ok but I saw kids lips..

Dinner food

My son is 9 months old . He is having food for night time like idly and curd or..

2. 5 month old baby cries a lot

hi all. my baby is 2. 5 months. since starting only he cries a lot especially in..

the topic is if baby done tiet poty the..

my problem in my title i have 10 months bany boy and he has done tiet poty i don..

ear cleaning

my son s 5months old... can i clean my baby ear with buds.. is it safe to use fo..

prickly on my baby face and ol over d bo..

my baby is 22 days n she got red prickly ( boils) ol over her face and body .....

Milk Bottles

Guys what should be better way of cleaning feeding bottles. We are cleaning now..