Babycare Child Psychology and Behaviour

Recovering from UTI

Gaurav Karjee

My 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with Urinary Tract Infection some time back. She had to be hospitalized for the same for some time. But after she recovered , she has not been able to eat or drink properly. It would be great if I could get some suggestions to address the problem.

• 1

Dr Vaneet Parmar

The antibiotics that are given to the child to fight the disease spreading bacteria also kills the good bacteria in the process, the good bacteria is what digests food and promotes hunger. The antibiotics also take a toll on the liver which leads to the poor appetite conditions in children. We as parents can do the following to get them to recover faster and bring their healthy appetites back: 1. Need to give the child a lot of probiotics but if the child does not want to drink the usual ones, try giving the enterogermina vial. Since it comes in a small plastic vial that needs to be broken open (the kids love to be in charge of their own medicine), kids take it for the fun of the process. The best part is that it is effective and it is flavorless/colorless( just like drinking a small sip of water from a very fancy looking plastic tube). Need to give one vial for 5 days. 2. Now a days a lot of ORS solutions come in different flavors like apple and orange , try giving that to the child and also drink yourself first so the child is inspired to drink .(It would help if you made a story around it and made it fun for the child).

Hair

My daughter is 1 year old but still she didn't have hair.

agretion

mera beta 2 yr 8 mnths old hai... boht jyada gussa dikhata hai... apne toys fekt..

rashes

my baby has rashes because of loose motion.. what i have to do??please suggest

Does not eat atol

Hi mothers, my baby is 1. 6 yrs old. He only drinks milk, but doesn't eat anythi..

hyperactive

my son is 2. 7 years old .He is very hyperactive when we go out .he is uncontrol..

for feeding

My little girl age 1 yearand8 months old and she is still feeding it is right f..

food problem

hi, my son 1yr old he passing poop every solid feed pls help me wat I do

sleeping issue

hii moms my daughter is 1 months old.. she doest sleep as much as she should sle..