Regular milk for baby.

My 9 month old son has drastically reduced his milk comsumption. I am still feeding him and he barely spends 5 minutes nursing. This has been going on since a month. He eats solids quite well and drinks water too. He will not take milk in the bottle, so all my efforts of trying to feed him formula, have been in vain.   I have started to get concerned as milk is a very important for their growth and development. When is the earliest that I can introduce regular milk to him?  Please share your thoughts and experiences to help me out here. Thanks!

• 3

Pooja grover

My son is 3. 5 yrs old. i don't know why he doesnt like milk. when i offered him. he'll just hv 2-3 sips. plz suggest.

Thank you for sharing your input Dr. Parmar. I know switching to milk at this stage may not be a wise thing to do as you suggested that milk is deficient in some vital nutrients. I will wait for a couple of months and see how things go and introduce milk at that stage. Thank you!

Dr Vaneet Parmar

Hi Anurima, Milk is important for a 9 month old infant but semi solids are more important at this stage. Milk is deficient in some vital minerals n vitamins so semi solids compensate for that. Give the baby a lot of milk products in the diet n continue breast feeding. 5 min of nursing is good enough. Try giving milk in a sipper, glass etc. If the baby is gaining weight adequately everything is fine and you need not worry. Normal milk can be started at 12 months though personally I would recommend you start it after 9 months.

can I give custard to my baby

can I give custard to my baby which is normally available in market

Solid food for 6 month baby

Hi mom's .. plz suggest some solid food to my 6th month baby since my bf is not..

Regarding baby weight gain and feeding p..

My son is going to be 8months by next week. Last week when we checked his wgt he..

home-made cerelac

please suggest how to prepare cerelac (6+ months) at home

Nt eating

My gal is 11 mnths old ...she don't eat anythg alwayz get cranky... is it normal..

Food for baby

Hi my baby is 5 and half months old. What should I give her to eat in the begini..

Cerelac : wheat+apple 6 months

guys help me with it: i have 2 rush 2 office by next week but worried about my..