Regular milk for baby.

My 9 month old son has drastically reduced his milk comsumption. I am still feeding him and he barely spends 5 minutes nursing. This has been going on since a month. He eats solids quite well and drinks water too. He will not take milk in the bottle, so all my efforts of trying to feed him formula, have been in vain.   I have started to get concerned as milk is a very important for their growth and development. When is the earliest that I can introduce regular milk to him?  Please share your thoughts and experiences to help me out here. Thanks!

• 3

Pooja grover

My son is 3. 5 yrs old. i don't know why he doesnt like milk. when i offered him. he'll just hv 2-3 sips. plz suggest.

Thank you for sharing your input Dr. Parmar. I know switching to milk at this stage may not be a wise thing to do as you suggested that milk is deficient in some vital nutrients. I will wait for a couple of months and see how things go and introduce milk at that stage. Thank you!

Dr Vaneet Parmar

Hi Anurima, Milk is important for a 9 month old infant but semi solids are more important at this stage. Milk is deficient in some vital minerals n vitamins so semi solids compensate for that. Give the baby a lot of milk products in the diet n continue breast feeding. 5 min of nursing is good enough. Try giving milk in a sipper, glass etc. If the baby is gaining weight adequately everything is fine and you need not worry. Normal milk can be started at 12 months though personally I would recommend you start it after 9 months.

GERBER FOOD

Dear Mommies!! I wanted to know how good or safe GERBER baby food is, that's ava..

1st Feed Cerelac vomit

Hi everyone 1st time today morning I feed my baby girl half scoop of cerelac( w..

which is the best milk powder. market is..

as per parents experience, which brand milk powder is the best fir baby namely s..

pls give fr me food chart fr my 5mnth baby

baby

my baby is of 8 months he doesn't want to eat rice,dal,chapati chura .. how can..

Non veg meal

My daughter has completed one year. From when can I give her non veg the meal li..