Regular milk for baby.

My 9 month old son has drastically reduced his milk comsumption. I am still feeding him and he barely spends 5 minutes nursing. This has been going on since a month. He eats solids quite well and drinks water too. He will not take milk in the bottle, so all my efforts of trying to feed him formula, have been in vain.   I have started to get concerned as milk is a very important for their growth and development. When is the earliest that I can introduce regular milk to him?  Please share your thoughts and experiences to help me out here. Thanks!

• 3

Pooja grover

My son is 3. 5 yrs old. i don't know why he doesnt like milk. when i offered him. he'll just hv 2-3 sips. plz suggest.

Thank you for sharing your input Dr. Parmar. I know switching to milk at this stage may not be a wise thing to do as you suggested that milk is deficient in some vital nutrients. I will wait for a couple of months and see how things go and introduce milk at that stage. Thank you!

Dr Vaneet Parmar

Hi Anurima, Milk is important for a 9 month old infant but semi solids are more important at this stage. Milk is deficient in some vital minerals n vitamins so semi solids compensate for that. Give the baby a lot of milk products in the diet n continue breast feeding. 5 min of nursing is good enough. Try giving milk in a sipper, glass etc. If the baby is gaining weight adequately everything is fine and you need not worry. Normal milk can be started at 12 months though personally I would recommend you start it after 9 months.

plz make a diet chart for my six months baby

weaning

my daughter is 5 and a half month old now... i visited paediatrician two days ba..

baby

my baby is of 8 months he doesn't want to eat rice,dal,chapati chura .. how can..

Feeding

My baby is 8 month old and he is cutting my nipple during feeding. What i should..

food for 10 months old baby??

7 month baby activities?

hi everyone.. my baby little bit cough? what can I do ? tell me 7 month baby ac..

how safe is it to given expressed milk s..

I'm a working mom and I recently joined back work after 4 months of maternity. m..

fruits

Hello mommies. ..pls share what fruits I can give to ma 10 month old daughter...