right age to start pre school

Shraddha

Mar 19, 2013

hi, my son i s 1. 2 yrs.... could u please suggest me the right time when i can enroll him in a pre- school??? and also if u could suggest me with good pre-schools in pimpri chinchwad, pune area.   i did ask in a few places  and i  was told i could enroll when my son is 1. 5 yrs old.   shraddha

• 4

Neena

Dear Shraddha, as everyone has suggested, it would be a great idea to wain until your little one is 1. 5 years old.. take care and do share with us when it happens.

Research shows that more than 90% of our brain development happens in our first 5 years. This perhaps is the best age to learn and grasp. Apart from others, the following helps to check-mark before your start sending your child to a preschool. a. Is he already toilet trained or would need help- you may want to check with preschool on their ready-ness for the same b. Is he able to speak/ask/tell when he needs something c. How far is the preschool from your home- closer the better. If these are in place then you sure can start looking at various preschools. A good age to start sending your child to a preschool for a playgroup is around 18 months.

Aashna

Hi Shraddha, I agree with Neetu here. Your son is still little to go to a preschool. The average age I know is 18 months when the little ones like to socialize. Surprisingly they learn a lot even at that age. So you could wait until your child is 18- 24 months.

Hi Shraddha, I started sending my child to playschool when he turned 2. 5 years but that was many years back. These days, kids start going pretty early. I have family members who started sending their first born when she was all of 1 years 3 months, to have her spend time with children her age and to channelize her energies. It helped in establishing a routine and made the child happy and social. At the same time, I know a mum who does not want to send her child off to playschool till he turns 2. If you feel the environment of a playschool will be good for your child and also make him happy, I would suggest go for it but wait until he is 1. 5 years at least.. take care!

communication

my son speak very less, like the word or thing he is interested how to increase..

what colours to be used to hand painting..

hi... my daughter is 1year 11months and to keep her engage want to teach her fin..

how to give writing practice .

Now he is asking more question I reply to him and again and again he replying..

how to create interest in studies

my kid is not interested in books

Not talking

Hi my son 2hrs old still he was not talking sometimes he repeat some words what..

not response to the class teacher

my son knows shapes,vegetable,and alphabet but when his class teacher take test..