Babycare Health and Wellness

Rising cases of Dengu and Malaria in the city

Venesa Bar

Hello, I read in the newspaers today about the rising cases of Malaria and Dengue in the city. More then 300 people in the city have been affected by dengue in a month's time.  I have a five month old daughter. I am worried because very often I see mosquito bites on her body. Can we use mosquito repellent or Goodnight's mosquito spray to protect my baby? Please advice.

hi nisha... U can buy online.... i just got site while searching http://www.healthkart.com/product/mosbito-mosquito-patches/MOS002

Nisha

ok great, but i checked many places , in the nearby chemist shops, no one seems to be stocking them. Can anyone suggest where can i fine them in Delhi / NCR

Always thought dengue was only something that made news this time of the year, until a very close and dear family member was diagnosed post a week of fever, cold n cough. That was a sort of wake up call. ,,and a timely one!

Hey Nisha , these are patches that have citronella oil in them, the smell of this oil is what repels the mosquitos away, it is in no way a treatment for diseases like malaria and dengue; it is just a preventive measure and most of all it is child friendly..

Nisha

Hi Bhavna, how do these patches work? are they preventive or cure dengue or malaria? how exactly can i place them in any case?

Venesa Bar

Thanks Anurima and Bhavna. I appreciate your advice.

Hey thanks Bhavna for sharing that piece of information. I wasn't aware that there are patches which could be used for infants. Will surely keep it in mind for our next trip.

Mosbito Mosquito Repellent Patch - 12 Patches per pack. MRP Rs 180. 00, It can be put on the baby's clothes and there is no skin Contact, it Last up to 12 hours and is very easy to carry wherever you go. It is 100% Natural, Safe & Toxic Free and Contains high purity and high quality citronella oil to repel mosquito effectively. Also make sure the baby is in full sleeves( basically fully clothed all the time

Hi Venesa. I do not think it is advisable to use any repellent or cream on your baby's skin. I feel they are too strong and may harm her delicate skin. The best option for me is the good old mosquito net and full sleeves nightdresses and night suits. Also, you may spray mosquito repellent spray in the room with her in another room. Mosquito bites are always a concern for me too as I have seen how a simple bite can trouble the little ones. In case of a bit, please use Calamine lotion immediately. It helps reduce the itching and swelling.

about poop

my baby is 11mnth old and her poop is tight and lightly redish clr?wt is d reaso..

urinate too much

My baby is 10 months urinate very much as per dr. advice I had done urine test i..

poop

hii my 9mnyh lil prince doing poop 2/3 times in day some time waterly is it ok...

regarding food

my baby is 3 months 6 days old now. Is he eating any other food with mother mi..

baby weight not enough

hello friends there is some doubt regarding my baby girl weight. my baby is goin..

several times cold

why intermittent cold

cough

how to cure cough of my 3 month baby