Semi solid food introduction

Moutusi Chakrabarti

My son is 4. 5 months old, weighing 8. 5 kgs and currently only on breastfeed. His birthweight was 2. 9kgs. Since his growth rate is higher so he is demanding more food but totally rejecting formula. What semi solids can I start now which will keep him full for a longer time? Also he totally rejects bottle so feeding him juices n dal water is very difficult with a spoon. Please suggest... thanks

prachi oltikar

As per WHO a baby should be exclusively fed with breastmilk until he/she is 6 months old. So please keep feeding ur baby on demand rather than scheduling feeds by clock. As they grow they become efficient in suckling more milk in lesser time so u dont have to worry much abt long feedings. Pls dont introduce solids so soon

Hi Moutushi. Babies go through growth spurts and may need to eat more. Nurse him more and try cooked and mashed apples or cooked and mashed sweet potatoes as solids. I am afraid there is not much you can give until he turns 6 months old. You may check with an expert as suggested by Admin :)

Hi Moutusi, You may ask your query to the expert in the nutrition corner. Here is the link - http://www.parentune.com/expert-corner/nutrition

Loose motions problem

Hi my baby girl is 10 months old and she gets loose motions whenever something i..

breastmilk

hi... my baby is 3mnt old,my milk secretion is very less,so it doesn't satisfied..

so much sleeping

my doghter is sleeping so much and she has no fever and nothing so is ther any p..

constipation in baby

hi, what should we do for constipation in babies.. which food is good for consti..

how to engage 3monhs old baby when he is..

my baby boy is 3months old. I feed him whenever he wants. He sleeps well. but it..

skin care

hello mommies, what can we use for moisturization of face for 4 month old baby g..

pediatrician or child specialist

my baby is 4 months old. we need to know pediatrician in vashi.