Shellfish for a 10 month old?

Hi,   I was wondering if it is safe to give him prawns to my 10 month old son now or do I wait till he turns one. He eats eggs, chicken and fish but not shellfishes yet.   Please share your thoughts here fellow parents.   Thanks.

• 2

Thanks Swati. I never thought of checking for reactions by rubbing a prawn on him. This is a great idea. I will do that and watchout for any reactions. I will also give him some fish stock first. We all eat prawns without any reactions, and hope it will be the same for him, but dont want to take chances by directly feeding him some. Thanks for your tips :)

Hi! Anurima , My son loved eating fish ven when he was as old as 13 months , even he had started eating chicken and eggs when he was 7 months old but how i introduced him to fish was a bit tricky . i started him on fish first and that too just the fish stock ( water in which i boiled the fish ), the first time around i just gave him a spoon full and waited an entire day to make sure he wasn't allergic to fish. Then after 3 months i bought prawns ( i made sure they were super fresh and clean) then i just rubbed a raw prawn on his inner arm and waited for any kind of reaction ( it helped that i ate fish and prawn so i was hoping atleast genetics may help me ). I then gave him a spoonful of the prawn stock and then waited a day ... thankfully there were no reactions and that is how he started eating prawns ....now he is 5 and loves his garlic butter prawns and even eats crabs.. hope this helps... Also it would help if you did all this experimentation during the day time so incase of any emergency , you can get professional help.

buttermulk

can i giv butter milk to my baby who wil complete her 9month on 9 Feb.. she dnt..

Food

Hi my son is 7 months old can I give add salt to his food??

biscuit

which biscuits is gud to kid pls anybody suggest

Can baby be given other milk if after br..

I have a son who is 10 days old and feeds his mothers milk but even after feedin..

For 5 month baby food

help me how to prepare home made ceralac food my 6 month baby. ?

Quantity of food

My son is 9 months old. I breastfeed him and started with semi solid food after..

Food recipe for 1 year old

Hello, plz suggest me tasty food recipe for 1 year old baby. She is not eating..

baby

my baby is of 8 months he doesn't want to eat rice,dal,chapati chura .. how can..