Sleeping position of an infant

Pragati Pandey

Hi I want to know what should be the sleeping position of an infant. Is it sides or back? Acc to my paediatric infants should sleep on sides. Please guide

• 3

Pragati pandey

Thanks for your valuable suggestions

Zanzanil Patel

Hi nikita, Putting kids to sleep in stomach is absolute no no. When children vomit in sleep in this position their nose can get chocked with vomit or could even keep breathing the bacteria from the bed. Pragati, the correct position to sleep a baby is indeed on their back. This way even if they vomit the fluids will drop from over the ears but not get into it. Please read thru the article the http://m.kidshealth.org/parent/general/sleep/sids.html

Hi Pragati, your paediatrician is right. Children should be sleeping on their sides or on their tummy. Reason is that they tend to drool and throw up milk. If they are on their back, the regurgitated milk can go into the ears and cause infection. Also, sleeping on their tummy makes them feel cozier and securer rather than sleeping flat on their back. there are many advantages to sleeping on tummy or back: mental security for the child, physical security (from mosquito bites, or accidentally falling things) and with children who are very gassy, it helps relieve gas if they are on their tummy, children learn to crawl faster because they pick themselves up from the tummy down position. If the child is on his back, he will not be able to drag himself to reach somewhere). the only disadvantage of sleeping on the tummy is the child might regurgitate milk if there is not sufficient time gap as his stomach gets pressed. so ideally, put the child on his tummy only after burping him. hope this helps

white patch

my son is 4 months old ..i used spoo shampoo as per pediatrician advice but now..

disposable diapers are risky??

Hi Mommies, I have heard that disposable diapers are risky for baby boys... it c..

feeding during journey

Hi I have a 7 month daughter and i want to know how can we feed them during jour..

baby in my absence..

hello mommies out there.. ! I have a question for you.. next Sunday am going to..

foods

what type of food shall. I start for ten month old baby girl

cold n cough

hie friends my son s suffering from cough and cold so can u please suggest me sy..

Baby sleeping for 6 hours and not taking..

My baby has been continously sleeping since 6 hours and not waking up for feed....

massage oil

my newborn is 2n half months old.. he is my second child ..bt dis time I am get..