Sleeping problem

Andleeb

hello friends, I have a son of 3 and half months, he is fit and active MashaAllah but from 2 weeks he sleeps the whole day and get up at 12 am and start to play. I am a working woman so this makes difficult for me to handle him. Please suggest some solution so that he sleeps at night and gets up in the day. Thanks

• 4

Ravina

Andleeb, children as small as this take time to get into a routine and also sleep for almost 16 hours in a day. While you can't do much about it, gather help in family. Between you, and other family members, take shifts in sitting with him in the night. When your shift is over, catch your sleep. Gathering support is your best bet.

Shilpa

Hi Andleeb, you can try keeping him more awake in the evening so that he tires out and sleeps in the night. Also, feed him well before bedtime so that he sleeps well. It will take time for him to come to a normal schedule, generally by 6 months, but don't worry. It happens with most children

Hi Andleeb, Thank you for sharing your concern with us. We understand your concern. While you receive suggestions and inputs from fellow parents on parentune, in the meantime, here are blogs which deals with the concern area mentioned by you and may be of help - http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/8-ways-to-help-your-child-sleep-better/393

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Andleeb, Children as young as this do undergo frequent change in sleep patterns and daily cycles. Also, they will sleep almost 14 hours in a day. They only settle by around 9-10 months into a firmer routine. If you are working, someone at home must be taking care of him. You can tell them to try the following 1) do not let him sleep too much in the day. Keep him active, playing. Two 2-3 hours naps in a day should be sufficient. Take him outdoors etc. 2) closer to bedtime, say 9:00 pm or 8:00 pm, give him a sponge bath, change his clothes, clean his bed and then take him to bed. Make this a routine. Children are very good at taking cues... once you do it daily, he will soon register it is time to sleep now. 3) ensure he has full tummy closer to bed time. a hungry child will wake up 4) Most important, even if he wakes up in the night, do not stimulate or play with him. Keep the light switched off (ensuring a night lamp is on for security reason), do not talk to him or play etc. Keep patting him gently, tyring to lull him back. If he doesn't get stimulus, he would probably get bored and go back to sleep. But it will take a while for him to got to sleep for hours at a stretch at night. till then have patience. hope this helsp

so much sleeping

my doghter is sleeping so much and she has no fever and nothing so is ther any p..

not pooing

Hi my son is 9 month old he is not pooing for last 4 days . he cries often I thi..

baby weight

my baby boy is 5 months old n his weight is 8. 600 is it okay? ? his birth weigh..

about siting position

my baby will be 4th mnth 11feb.. when we sgould start to him in siting position...

my son is 8 mnth if I can give her mix vegetable daliya lyk in I mix beet roo..

should I give almost to my 7 mnth bby

seven months baby fell from bed

My son 7months old fell from bed while he was sleeping. It just happened in a mi..

hi

hi baby is 11mnths old n shes not standing without suppory n not trying to walk...