Babycare Health and Wellness Outdoor Activities and Events

Sleeping trouble

My daughter is 5. From the age of 6 months she has been sleeping through the night. When she used to nap in the afternoon, she would sleep late at night, after 11 pm for sure. However, when she started school, she sleeps at 10 pm and sleeps till 8 am. Lately however, I am seeing a change in her pattern. Even after an active day of school and extracurriculars, she has trouble falling asleep at  night. She will usually lie awake for more than an hour after being put to bed, lights off and all necessary environment as before. I read somewhere that this is the age when kids do have trouble falling asleep. Is this true or do I have something to worry about?

• 2

Thanks Bhavna. Will do so.

Hey Payal , How much sleep a child needs varies from one to another which means that for some children a 8 hour sleep is good while others might need 10- 11 hours in the day . Children at age 5 are just getting used to some major changes in the their little lives (starting serious school is one of them ) which can be a contributing factor to the change in behavior. They are experimenting with pushing their boundaries and limits and also asserting their new found independence ( we are always telling them that they are now grown up and not little babies anymore). Hence this change in sleep pattern is normal and most children go through it ( i know , mine did too ). You can do the following to facilitate the change : 1. Stick to a routine 2. Make sure to limit the electronic stimulants before sleep time 3. Keep the room comfortable. She will definitely fall into a pattern in a few days. the other important thing is to keep a check on the child , if she starts to show symptom of sleep deprivation i. e, hyperactivity , Crankiness , Memory or Concentration problems them you must go in for a medical consultation .

active but she is Soo thin

active but thin .eats food but less in quantity. only 12kg for 3years

Cough n cold

We recently shifted in India now my daughter who is 3 1/2 is constantly having c..

Cough

My elder son is having severe cough past few weeks .. I have been giving him cou..

never eat vegetable

my son is 3yrs 2 month .he never any vegetables...

my daughter frequently suffers from coug..

due to cold she also complain about having pain in ears. what should I do

infection

my baby now complete 5 years every month she has troat infection

hair problem

my daughter is 4 yrs old. I want to know is keratin yoghurt shampoo is good for..

Bedwetting at night

my son is 4 yrs n 4 months old . still he does su su on bed during mid night whe..