Slow writing

Sankdip Das

Class teacher advised to increase speed of writing of my 4 year old child. However his handwriting is good and makes less mistakes when write slowly.   How to increase speed of writing?

• 6

Sankdip Das

@neetu, anurima, kago and swati, thank you very much for your reply.

Hey sankdip !! though your son has a lot of time on his hands but one thing that helped my son was practice books. I bought him a lot of practice books and he wrote in them ( he copied his favorite story book ). after a while the repetition of words led to improvement in his writing speed ( he literally had to think less on the shape of the letter )... but over all just give him time , he will surely get there...

kago adi

Hellow sankdip. don worry it is a normal process of small children. your child wll improve gradually as he grows up but u make him write everyday since he is a KG standard. this wll make him speed up his writing. gud luck!

Hi Sankdip. Your child must have been recently introduced to the letters, number and the whole concept of learning as he is only 4 years old. Try not to pressurize him to write fast. You could try getting him some books on cursive writing to start practicing on. Please try and keep his study time very short as children at this age has an attention span of only 20mins. Allow frequent breaks. and try to keep the activity fun and short. He will catch up soon :) Good luck

Make it into a game or something fun which ends in appreciation in any form you like.

Hi Sankdip. That is a really young child. I can suggest one thing. Probably time his work, as in gently create a time target to finish up a particular piece of writing. Time him 5 minutes less than he would usually take and gradually move up. All of this done really gently so that the child does not feel pressurised to write and finish faster. I have faced this and can say that if they get stressed out , writing skill goes for a toss. All the best!

wants to avoid studying

whenever I call him to study he is never intrested in studying .he avoids maths..

school admission

my daughter is 2. 10 yrs old.. is she eligible for LKG this year..

right age admission for lkg

my daughter 2. 1 we are planning to join her this June and join her lkg next yr..

Play school admission

hi, recently I been to play school as it's in my vicinity for the admission enqu..

playgroup suggestions

Want to know if play group are good for my son Who is 1 year 6'months

how to learn talk to my 1year 7month old..

hello all... my son is 1year 7month old ..he is not talking any simple word like..

education

my daughter is 2 years old so,what is the right time to start education .